Absolute madness

Matej

Multiuniversal creator
Reaction score
Website
www.hitechweb.genezis.eu
Any explanation of this... ehm... "test"?

Attachments

• Su-32_test_1.jpg
    Su-32_test_1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Su-32_test_2.jpg
    Su-32_test_2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Su-32_test_3.jpg
    Su-32_test_3.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Su-32_test_4.jpg
    Su-32_test_4.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 102
Something about ingestion of gases and debris in flight ? ???

Another possible esplanation:
Low level bombing and rocket attacks can cause the attacker being afected by its own ordnace! So, you must test if your aircraft can resist nearby explosions. In Youtube you can find some videos of WWII Dam Buster bombers being reached by their own bombs (its a really sad view). I´ll try to find the link.

Be the mp3 be with you...

I'd say there are two things that could be going on here:

- Ingestion testing of the complete propulsiion system

- Insensitive munitions testing of underwing stores

For the first, you don't want to ingest the results of a strike on a low pass and have the engine(s) flame out. FOr the second, you don't want the intentional explosion of one weapon to trigger another "on the rack" when you do a low overfly of the target.

Hey, Matej:
Try to get this video (710 Mb) in that place so hated by lawmakers, artists and copyrigt owners ;). It is a really interesting movie about sukhoi aircrafts, centered on the Flanker. Tere is a scene similar to the one depicted above, but with a Su-25 Frogfoot as the main character. Have fun

"Aviation - Su-27 Flanker, The Sukhoi Story - English.avi"

Ah!, I forgotted it. The aircraft is manned during the tests (guns and rockets).

May the bit be with you ...

Golfus said:
Low level bombing and rocket attacks can cause the attacker being afected by its own ordnace! So, you must test if your aircraft can resist nearby explosions. In Youtube you can find some videos of WWII Dam Buster bombers being reached by their own bombs (its a really sad view). I´ll try to find the link.

Isn't that a US B26 Invader using a Highball?

Golfus said:

Isn't that a US B26 Invader using a Highball?

Speedee bomb thread.