A strange drawing to Lockheed Aurora

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

http://media.photobucket.com/image/delta%20wing%20hypersonic/NosferatuVI/Aurora.jpg

Attachments

• Aurora.JPG
    Aurora.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 422
bs

Attachments

• Paul_Matt_XB-70.jpg
    Paul_Matt_XB-70.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 336
What's sad is not that someone took a good drawing and modified it to show a fictional craft. What *is* sad is how poorly they did it.

Bah. Whatever happened to craftsmanship?

Orionblamblam said:
What's sad is not that someone took a good drawing and modified it to show a fictional craft. What *is* sad is how poorly they did it.

Bah. Whatever happened to craftsmanship?

...And with CAD programs like Sketchup out there that are almost as easy to use as pencil and paper, even!

And in fact its... mine ::) A few years back I had the idea to test the people's imagination. As flateric pointed out, I used the bottom XB-70 drawing to create the hypothetical sketch of high speed manned aircraft and posted it on ATS. Then I studied the replies. I wanted to know, which factors/characteristics led the people to decide what is (in their opinion) Aurora and what is not.

Matej,
Thanks for your candor. When I read your next post, I'll keep in mind that it might be clever experiment rather than a serious contribution.

Taildragger

Fair enough, Matej. But, it does look like we have some very sharp minds & eyes on this secret projects forum, and they have passed the test. Well done to ALL of you guys.

Unless... Matej IS part of the "dis-information" campaign and is claiming he faked a REAL picture as a FAKE picture and we're all being conditioned to believe that we don't believe!
(Ok, that's enough of that... I'm going to go soak my head now as I think I sprained something when I wrote that... ;D )

Randy

I cant find my original drawing (it is likely that I deleted it) but here is the original topic for the reference: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread142799/pg1

Of course the engine box was optimized for Mach 3, so why redesign? It just cruises a lot further without all the extra stuff... ;) :D