A collection of Luftwaffe oddities from "L'aviazone nuova"

lippischh

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.shapeways.com
Going through http://www.oltreilcielo.it/ i found some downloadable pdfs. One of them titled "L'aviazone nuova" has some interesting content. Here's a link to it : https://digilander.libero.it/fme/doc/Fenoglio2.pdf

A few things of note :

Most of the figures in the book are poorly drawn. Some are clear misinterpretations of real projects :
- A9/A10 p.29
- (Rocket X) Triebflugel p.33
- Heinkel T p.66 already discussed in this forum as probably a misinterpreted Skoda Kauba P.14. Curiously, both the Triebflugel and SK P.14 are later discussed more accurately in the same book.
- Lippisch P.13 p.46 interestingly shown with a wing shape similar to that of the preliminary arrow-head shape designed by Lippisch : https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3528.msg27954.html#msg27954

There are 3 figures that present projects that are unkown to me :
-A manned "Schmetterling" named Hs 117A p.39
Google translated description text : "Schmetterling with pilot - A version with roughly double dimensions with pilot on board was also tested. The pilot post was put immediately behind the explosive charge at the barycenter of the device. An ejector seat should catapult the pilot once the bomb is directed to the target. The device was launched in flight by the normal Dornier 217. Autonomy 60km, speed 900 km h, It was abandoned because it gave rise to dangerous vibrations."

-Messerschmitt Me 365 fighter bomber p.57
reminiscent of the Me 163 in a first version, two Argus pulsoreactors were mounted almost at the wing root, but they resulted in a strong fuel consumption and strong vibrations in the propulsive complex that transmit- ted the entire structure in order to preserve the flight sieety.
the new type had wings with 45 ° arrow the horizontal plane with strong transversal V. The fuselage contained a 500 kg bomb in its chamber closed by doors. A jet engine placed after the pilot seat received air from sockets placed on the wings, underneath the vent nozzle, was another small nozzle which was used for an auxiliary rocket motor. Retractable tricycle trolley.

-Daimler-Benz Project N°4 and N°5. If the drawing presenting this one is founded, it means that the current interpretation of Daimler-Benz Project F is inaccurate and should correspond to an unmanned aircraft instead, whereas 'N°5' is a manned version with additional canopy and vertical rudders. p.88

I'm looking forward for your feedback on this strange document.

117a.png
365.png
45.png

Thank you very much for sharing this.

This is very wonderful, and has more than a few subjects worthy of modelling and study.

Amazing find my dear Hamza,

and also we can ask;

1- it was not Me P.1103
2- what was Me P.1011 ?,never heard about it
3- what was this Focke Wulf ?
4- DFS-1068 was mentioned in UK Royal Air Force museum,I spoke about it before
5- what was this Daimler-Benz N.2 ?.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 346
  • 2.png
    2.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 341
  • 3.png
    3.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 4.png
    4.png
    76 KB · Views: 44
  • 5.png
    5.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 41
- Yes Hesham, Messerschmitt Me 1103 in the book should be the Me P.1092/2 instead.

- The Focke Wulf design seems to me to be just a poorly drawn Focke-Wulf Fw 283. To a lesser extent it might be a design variant as the canopy is not connected to the vertical fin in the drawing.

- The Daimler-Benz N.2 looks exactly like the parasite jet bomber in what is known as Daimler Benz Project "B".

Attachments

• DBprojBparasite.jpg
    DBprojBparasite.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 35
  • mep10922.gif
    mep10922.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 42
hesham said:

and also we can ask;

The DFS.1068 seems to be analogous, or the same, as the Heinkel P.1068.01-84.

http://www.luft46.com/heinkel/hep1068c.html

Apteryx said:
hesham said:

and also we can ask;

The DFS.1068 seems to be analogous, or the same, as the Heinkel P.1068.01-84.

http://www.luft46.com/heinkel/hep1068c.html

The story of the Heinkel P 1068 and the DFS P 1068 is interesting. I've done a lot of research on it lately and I'll be in a position to publish it soon.

hesham said:
and also we can ask;

2- what was Me P.1011 ?,never heard about it

The closest project to this alleged "Me P.1011" seems to me to be the Messerschmitt Me P.1110/I. Only in the drawing the air intakes are in the wings' leading edge, a feature found on a "cousin" project the P.1112 S/2 (on P.1111 and P.1112 Nachtjager as well).

Is this an indication and/or proof that there was a P.1110 design at some point with this kind of air intakes ?

Attachments

• P1110i.jpg
    P1110i.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 43
newsdeskdan said:
The story of the Heinkel P 1068 and the DFS P 1068 is interesting. I've done a lot of research on it lately and I'll be in a position to publish it soon.

Good news my dear Dan,

and for my dear Hamza,I think not.

I have seen all of Finoglio designs but nevers convinced about their veracity without reference.