• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

A bit of robot fun

Arjen

It's turtles all the way down
Reaction score
Bob Work says it's OK to create machine intelligence designed to go out and kill people, but that it's unethical to campaign against those killer bots. A novel definition of 'unethical'.
I fail to see the 'fun' in this 'A bit of robot fun' posting. Could have been irony?

Last edited:

sferrin

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Bob Work says it's OK to create machine intelligence designed to go out and kill people, but that it's unethical to campaign against those killer bots. A novel definition of 'unethical'.
I fail to see the 'fun' in this 'A bit of robot fun' posting. Could have been irony?
No, he's correct. (Bob Work that is.) And "robot fun" is about all kinds of robots / ai. (There are military robots on page 1 so their appearance on page 14 should not come as a shock.)

Last edited:

sferrin

Reaction score

Arjen

It's turtles all the way down
Reaction score
In my book, the use of the Black Death as a weapon and machine intelligence designed with the express purpose of seeking and killing people are equally objectionable. I understand Bob Work's point. I Just do not think the benefits he outlines outweigh the ethical consequences.

sferrin

Reaction score
In my book, the use of the Black Death as a weapon and machine intelligence designed with the express purpose of seeking and killing people are equally objectionable. I understand Bob Work's point. I Just do not think the benefits he outlines outweigh the ethical consequences.
Okay, you've given your opinion. Back to robots.

bobbymike

Reaction score

bobbymike

Reaction score

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
What a brillant idea: a robot to put kids and dads at sleep at once...
(might be a she).