MANTICORA

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hello,I found this strange photo
I don't know what tanks is this.
I asked Tanks Encyclopedia's experts.They told me that this is Type 63 APC.I don't think so 20191126_200438.jpg
20191126_200518.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-763966bedd7669c24d6adb35450de44a-V.jpg
    IMG-763966bedd7669c24d6adb35450de44a-V.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 38
Looks like a Type 63 chassis to me with (the APC picture you posted at the top is actually the later Type YW531H Type 85 which had five road wheels).

But I agree that is does not 100% match the Type 63, the lower glacis does seem to be sloped more acutely than that of the Type 63, the photo is very grainy but the glacis seems to lack the little rounded covers over the sprocket drives too. There is no way that could be an APC hull unless its buried up to its track guards!

I'm not saying this is a WZ-131 (which I thought had been made up for World of Tanks?), but it could be an early prototype/development chassis for the Type 63.

Just noticed on the overturned vehicle the roadwheel on the far right has a slightly bigger gap between it and the others, so the left of the picture would be the rear I think. The Type 63 APC has evenly spaced wheels so its probably not that chassis at all.

The ARV doing the towing could be anything, too grainy to see any detail. I think its probably a converted T-34 ARV, can just see what looks like the drivers hatch on the glacis at the edge of the photo.

Oh,I also got this photo
IMG-c2237cbe2f67c9a22f813994b57c83e7-V-1.jpg
It could be Type 63 with another gun
I also seen photo of this vehicle being destroyed.
So it could even take part in battle.

Looks like a Type 63 chassis to me with (the APC picture you posted at the top is actually the later Type YW531H Type 85 which had five road wheels).

But I agree that is does not 100% match the Type 63, the lower glacis does seem to be sloped more acutely than that of the Type 63, the photo is very grainy but the glacis seems to lack the little rounded covers over the sprocket drives too. There is no way that could be an APC hull unless its buried up to its track guards!

I'm not saying this is a WZ-131 (which I thought had been made up for World of Tanks?), but it could be an early prototype/development chassis for the Type 63.

WZ-131 is just the factory designation for the Type 62, idk why WG decided to use it instead of Type 62

115828aaafv6bv6chc2ia2.jpg
“ the roadwheel on the far right has a slightly bigger gap between it and the others”
maybe early prototype of type 63
Just noticed on the overturned vehicle the roadwheel on the far right has a slightly bigger gap between it and the others, so the left of the picture would be the rear I think. The Type 63 APC has evenly spaced wheels so its probably not that chassis at all.

The ARV doing the towing could be anything, too grainy to see any detail. I think its probably a converted T-34 ARV, can just see what looks like the drivers hatch on the glacis at the edge of the photo.