0th edition of "Feynmans Lectures on Physics"

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: USAP
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
I picked up a copy of "Feynmans Lectures on Physics." The thing is... it seems to have been printed *before* the book was actually published (mine is 1962, while the 1st edition was from 1963). My guess is that it was an early version for faculty & students, but I can't seem to find anything on it. Is this familiar to anyone? Any chance I might've snagged something special?

Attachments

• WP_20140410_005.jpg
    WP_20140410_005.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 109
  • WP_20140410_006.jpg
    WP_20140410_006.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 109
  • WP_20140410_007.jpg
    WP_20140410_007.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 108
Very cool. I remember my father saying that he saw lecture notes or working papers of Feynman's in informal circulation (i.e. unpublished, but reproduced informally).

I've never heard of a full volume though? If it matches the published version, maybe it is an editorial copy?

In looking through it there are a substantial number of markups, but I can't say if they are editorial (a whole lot of red-pencil stuff) or the sort of notes a careful student would make. I couldn't find a name or other personalized notation within.

That seems like that's it. Thanks!

And I got it for a whopping 29 cents. Neato.

I've got to wonder how many copies were printed. I suspect rather a lot, given the reported interest. From the looks of what I have here, the students were simply provided with the printed pages (three cheers for photocopying not being a practical option yet), and this particular student bound it himself in the pressboard report cover.

I suppose I'll now have to procure a copy of the "real" book to compare against. The contents are somewhat different than what's listed online.

Might I suggest a security upgrade, along the lines of this:
1-dsc_0759.jpg

[IMAGE CREDIT: Arahu Irish Wolfhounds]

Though your feline army may insist on a veto regarding such a move...

They might insist on one of these as being a bit more palatable to their tastes:
Savannah+Cat+pictures.jpg

[IMAGE CREDIT: MOMO ANIMALS]

;D

"Feynmans Lectures on Physics" 0th edition from 1962 for 29 cent ?!

Respect !

At Amazon, for the 1970 edition, they demand up to $334 !
you really need a feline security upgrade…
flat,550x550,075,f.jpg