Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Interesting Websites / Re: Just added to NTRS
« Last post by sienar on December 13, 2017, 03:18:32 pm »
A complete list of classified/restricted naca/nasa reports. Some interesting things are mentioned

http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/nasa/NASA-NTRS-Classified-1980.pdf
Bookshelf & Marketplace / Re: Luftwaffe: Secret Wings of the Third Reich
« Last post by gatoraptor on December 13, 2017, 09:17:09 am »
B&N must have an interesting distribution network - a friend of mine on holiday in Phoenix, Arizona, sent me a photo of it on a magazine rack at the B&N in Tempe Marketplace on November 17. The Claes Sundin Allied Fighters profiles bookazine I wrote back in May was there too, so Mortons products are evidently finding their way over the pond.
B&N had quoted me an "on-shelf" date of 10/31.  The "Allied Fighters" book, as well as yours, both appear to have arrived locally about a month late.  I don't mind waiting a month as long as they do arrive eventually.
« Last post by XP67_Moonbat on December 13, 2017, 12:12:25 am »
Hope that includes the RAF secret projects volume.
« Last post by newsdeskdan on December 12, 2017, 11:47:05 pm »
After not finding the publication in five Barnes & Noble stores in the Atlanta area, I took advantage of a holiday trip to Pennsylvania.  The Barnes & Nobles in Lancaster and Reading didn't have it either, but I hit paydirt in the Devon store, just west of King of Prussia, which had a dozen copies!

So if you're in southeast Pennsylvania and can't find the publication in bookstores, head to Devon!
Well, bless my soul!  It finally showed up at one of the B&N stores here in the Atlanta area...

B&N must have an interesting distribution network - a friend of mine on holiday in Phoenix, Arizona, sent me a photo of it on a magazine rack at the B&N in Tempe Marketplace on November 17. The Claes Sundin Allied Fighters profiles bookazine I wrote back in May was there too, so Mortons products are evidently finding their way over the pond.
« Last post by gatoraptor on December 12, 2017, 02:08:06 pm »
After not finding the publication in five Barnes & Noble stores in the Atlanta area, I took advantage of a holiday trip to Pennsylvania.  The Barnes & Nobles in Lancaster and Reading didn't have it either, but I hit paydirt in the Devon store, just west of King of Prussia, which had a dozen copies!

So if you're in southeast Pennsylvania and can't find the publication in bookstores, head to Devon!
Well, bless my soul!  It finally showed up at one of the B&N stores here in the Atlanta area...
Excellent book with good coverage of all present and near-present programs worldwide.
thanks!!!!! :)
« Last post by newsdeskdan on December 08, 2017, 12:19:36 am »
I have to say your are doing an excellent job with the past few books you've released.  Good content with proper context, unlike most of the late war books on the market. Reproductions of original plans is much appreciated as well.

Also is that a bit of a 309 sideview on the intro page on the border of drawings? Any plans on covering the wartime piston projects?

Thanks and yes it is. Here is the info panel from the same drawing (attached). No plans for a dedicated piston projects title at present. The research goes on.
« Last post by sienar on December 07, 2017, 07:24:06 pm »
I have to say your are doing an excellent job with the past few books you've released.  Good content with proper context, unlike most of the late war books on the market. Reproductions of original plans is much appreciated as well.

Also is that a bit of a 309 sideview on the intro page on the border of drawings? Any plans on covering the wartime piston projects?
Excellent book with good coverage of all present and near-present programs worldwide.
« Last post by newsdeskdan on December 07, 2017, 03:14:21 pm »
Hi

Masters, whoever he is/was, got it wrong. That's the P 211.02, rather than the P 210.02. The P 210 was tailless, the P 211.01-01 was swept wings and conventional tail, the P 211.01-02 was constant chord wings but a twin tail, then the P 211.02 was constant chord wings and a conventional tail fin. The B&V Volksjager project seems to have got simpler and simpler from the radical layout P 210 to the very straightforward P 211.02.

NB. Looking back at the hard copy original P 211 brochure of September 29, 1944, the design presented is the P 211.01-02, not the P 211.02. Unusually there are no drawings in the brochure itself but the text makes reference to the P 211.01-02. Furthermore, looking at the original Blohm & Voss project list, there is no mention of a P 211.02, only a P 211.01-01 and P 211.01-02. The drawing I have of the P 211.01-02 (from a third source - i.e. not from the brochure or the project list) shows the constant chord wing, twin tail arrangement. Another drawing from the same source is labelled P 211.00-10.1 and shows what appears to be the constant chord wing, single fin tail arrangement. I say 'appears to be' because it is a sectional side view only and the upper part of the tail fin is not pictured.
The conclusion I am tempted to draw from all this is that there was no P 211.02, and that what's commonly referred to as the P 211.02 is in fact the P 211.01-02. Still no evidence of a second P 210 however, although investigations are ongoing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10