Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I did notice one minor glitch: Tex Johnston's name is missing from the index! :(
Bookshelf & Marketplace / Re: French Secret Projects 3
« Last post by Deltafan on October 17, 2017, 03:00:02 pm »
Maybe you could stretch matters a bit and include wartime and postwar developments of French pre-war aircraft.  I'm thinking of types like the Swiss D-3803, which was effectively the ultimate update of the M.S.406 series.

It could be a good idea too (Dewoitine D.600, Latécoère 299A, D-3804,...)

But 250 entries seems to be already a big start...
Bookshelf & Marketplace / Re: Luftwaffe: Secret Wings of the Third Reich
« Last post by newsdeskdan on October 17, 2017, 01:00:56 pm »
In the U.S., or at least in the Atlanta area, availability of Mortons publications seems to have gone from bad to worse.  I had to order the last one directly from the U.K. and I fear having to do the same for this one.  The rival publications from Key all seem to be readily available here.

I'm told that we have a distribution arrangement with Barnes & Noble. They should be able to stock Mortons bookazine titles should they choose to do so. But if they don't choose to stock them, I don't suppose there's much Mortons can do about it.
« Last post by JC Carbonel on October 17, 2017, 12:22:04 pm »
Just checked : I have around 250 entries in my FSP "between the wars" list but many are just engine changes from D52x, Amiot 35x, Br 69x, VG 3x etc...

Will have to have a second look before Telford.

JCC
« Last post by JC Carbonel on October 17, 2017, 11:10:14 am »
I just bought Mr Van der Abeelen book on Hermes. I had this project before his book came out and yes it covers a lot of material and I have to reconsider the opportunity of doing my own book.

JCC
Bookshelf & Marketplace / Re: Luftwaffe: Secret Wings of the Third Reich
« Last post by gatoraptor on October 17, 2017, 09:11:20 am »
In the U.S., or at least in the Atlanta area, availability of Mortons publications seems to have gone from bad to worse.  I had to order the last one directly from the U.K. and I fear having to do the same for this one.  The rival publications from Key all seem to be readily available here.
« Last post by gatoraptor on October 17, 2017, 09:08:26 am »
Maybe you could stretch matters a bit and include wartime and postwar developments of French pre-war aircraft.  I'm thinking of types like the Swiss D-3803, which was effectively the ultimate update of the M.S.406 series.
« Last post by hesham on October 17, 2017, 08:23:06 am »
OK dear JCC,

and I hope you get sufficient materials for great book.
« Last post by Hobbes on October 17, 2017, 08:17:47 am »
I'm very interested in French spaceplanes : Transporteur Aérospatial to Hermès
also if include some french design for un/manned space capsule.

Luc van den Abeelen's book on Hermes is pretty comprehensive on the design evolution of Hermes. Were there other French spaceplane projects?
« Last post by JC Carbonel on October 17, 2017, 07:06:00 am »
Hesham, actually my fear is rather a certain blandness of the subject with long list of variants of Bloch 152, Dewoitine 520 and Arsenal VG30. I know that WW2 has sales potential but unfortunately for French wings they were crushed at the very beginning of the story, so we are actually talking "inter-war" period with a pacifist philosophy and shrinking military budgets and not much incentive to move the Bureaux d'Etudes. Things begun to really get alive in the last years of peace and then it was from people out of the mainstream : Delanne, Payen, Fauvel, etc... (Sébastienne Guyot too... a rare girl in the man-dominated world of aircraft designers).

Then I would like to add another proposal (can I modify the poll ? not sure) :
Aéroglisseurs : hovercraft à la française from Ader to Sedam

It is just something I thought of yesterday : we had a few pre-WW2 ideas and during the sixties and seventies Jean Bertin promoted a lot of different designs which could go on water, on ground, on rail even a few "air cushion landing gears" for aircraft (one is in FSP 2). The subject is barely known (I don't know of any French book on the subject, all the hovercraft books I have are in English or in Russian) and there are a lot of different designs going from tiny one-man demonstrators to 500-tons projects.

JCC

JCC
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10