Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Aerospace / Re: Tempest - UK Future fighter programme
« Last post by Flyaway on Today at 08:25:16 am »
Trying not to be cynical here, but I wonder if the Americans are trying to nix a potential competitor by offering BAE a way into the PCA programme?
I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, a joint US-UK-Japanese PCA programme could provide some viable returns.

I donít think that will happen as I thought the PCA like the F-22 would not be up for export due to the technology involved.

Anyway Iíd rather partner on this project with nations like Japan than the US who probably have rather different requirements to us.
Thank you for your support but those articles are not new to me. Also they only show the armament they got as staff planes which was 2 front mounted 8 mm mgs and one 8 mm for the gunner. Also the polish blueprint u found shows a modification that was done to the surviving b 6 and all swedish j 9s (swedish p-35's) in 1944. It was a lengthened air intake.

Aerospace / Re: Tempest - UK Future fighter programme
« Last post by Flyaway on Today at 08:09:46 am »
Deleted. Somehow double posted.
Propulsion / Czechoslovakian Praga CRK engine
« Last post by Hardrada55 on Today at 07:09:10 am »
Anyone have information about displacement and weight of pre-war Praga engines of Czechoslovakia?  I have read that the Czechs had developed a 1000hp engine in 1938.  I know the Praga CRK was supercharged, 641hp (478kw) at 2600rpm at 4000m. 
Finally i got my Copy of French Secret Projects 1

After two attempts were Belgium post "lost" the package, i used now a Amazon Locker in Germany

This Book is fantastic trip true the post war history of French aircraft proposal !
JC Carbonel you made excellent work to put all those Proposal in one Book
I enjoy the reading !
Postwar Aircraft Projects / Re: Mirage IIIK
« Last post by Michel Van on Today at 05:15:30 am »
Finally reading  JC Carbonel excellent book "French Secret project 1"

I start to ponder about Mirage IIIK Data from may 1965
it from it size, mass and arms, its match almost aircraft like SEPECAT Jaguar or Dassault/Dornier Alpha Jet.
except it's Mach 2.4 top speed. 

in Mid 1960s were several European Air-forces looking for new Aircraft
British wanted an advanced supersonic jet trainer
Germans and French looking for a cheap, subsonic dual role trainer and light attack aircraft. (french: ECAT)
A Memorandum of Understanding was signed in May 1965 by French and British to develop two aircraft, a trainer based on the ECAT, and the larger AFVG.

Here the Mirage IIIK could be a proposal to British to French for ECAT ?
Postwar Aircraft Projects / Re: Weber VTOL Projects
« Last post by hesham on Today at 04:40:42 am »
Oops! DONE. Hadn't seen the other topic, sorry!

Never mind my friend.
Postwar Aircraft Projects / Re: Weber VTOL Projects
« Last post by Skyblazer on Today at 04:40:07 am »
Oddly enough, the WV-4 is described as a "very light fighter-bomber" in the Spangenberg Index, while the item previously shared by hesham in this thread describes it as a cargo airplane... One of these two sources has a typo, but which one?  :(
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10