Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Russia’s economic problems have seen significant cuts in defense spending, though not yet clear if this is  going to be a continuing trend.
That's myth btw. "Cuts" came from decreasing budget from paying off most loans arms companies obtained for defence orders. Real spending on troops and procurement stayed the same. Albeit some stagnation is there indeed when compared with growth of recent years.

Amazing. A little dubious blurb in some news website, and people are singing the demise of the SU-57. Wonder why they are still ordering more considering it's cancelled.......

Aerospace / Re: Tempest - UK Future fighter programme
« Last post by mrmalaya on Today at 05:11:26 am »
My take on it is that it is funded, with a production decision to be made by 2020 with the finery of R&D being done in the meantime.

2035 IOC is the official line.
« Last post by Flyaway on Today at 05:01:59 am »
I'd be wary of reading too much into a plastic mock-up. I must admit, I was expecting an announcement of joining the Franco-German effort rather than an attempt to revive a home-grown design.
The media are jumping all over this as Britain's new fighter, but if you listen to what Gavin Williamson says, its actually only a concept and is a shrewd political move to show willingness to collaborate. The mock-up is a nice PR item but I feel we'll look back on this in 20 years the same as the BAe P.110 mock-up back in the 80s.

Team Tempest was formed back in April to develop a low-cost UCAS demonstrator building previous work which included Taranis. Since then with all the talk of European fighters the emphasis has obviously shifted to something that can be optionally manned. I wonder how much of TFX is in this design (maybe that's why this mock-up looks so familiar?)
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/team-tempest-pursues-ucas-demonstrator-deal-447301/

It looks more like the project we are trying to partner with the Swedes on rather than Germany & France.
« Last post by Hood on Today at 04:59:25 am »
I'd be wary of reading too much into a plastic mock-up. I must admit, I was expecting an announcement of joining the Franco-German effort rather than an attempt to revive a home-grown design.
The media are jumping all over this as Britain's new fighter, but if you listen to what Gavin Williamson says, its actually only a concept and is a shrewd political move to show willingness to collaborate. The mock-up is a nice PR item but I feel we'll look back on this in 20 years the same as the BAe P.110 mock-up back in the 80s.

Team Tempest was formed back in April to develop a low-cost UCAS demonstrator building previous work which included Taranis. Since then with all the talk of European fighters the emphasis has obviously shifted to something that can be optionally manned. I wonder how much of TFX is in this design (maybe that's why this mock-up looks so familiar?)
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/team-tempest-pursues-ucas-demonstrator-deal-447301/
Designation Systems / Re: Curtiss-Wright CW- designations and P- projects
« Last post by hesham on Today at 04:57:45 am »
We want to complete P series.
Postwar Aircraft Projects / Re: SIPA Projects
« Last post by hesham on Today at 04:44:17 am »
From Le Fana 231,an Info about SIPA S-500.
Postwar Aircraft Projects / Re: Sipa S-300R and S-300M
« Last post by hesham on Today at 04:42:27 am »
From Le Fana 231.
Thank you my dear Jemiba,and sorry my dear Skyblazer about wrong spelling.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10