Register here

Author Topic: VFX Competition (F-14 alternatives)  (Read 24444 times)

Offline damian2

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
Re: VFX Competition (F-14 alternatives)
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 11:03:45 pm »
I can't wait to see more!!!

D

Offline Tophe

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
    • Forked Ghosts
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 03:44:43 am »
The LTV V-507 looks like a French Mirage... Is there any influence or cooperation explaining?

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2010, 08:41:44 am »
You're sharp sighted, Tophe !
In Liebert/Buyck "Le Mirage F1" it is described,how engineers from Dassault
travelled to Dallas to assist Vought in the design of the VFX contender.
It takes a long time, before all mistakes are made ...

Offline frank

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2010, 09:02:48 am »

Not sure why this thread isn't tied in with this one, but it has a number of pics of Vought's mock-up & I saw a couple of posts mentioning Dassault's involvement.

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,229.0.html

The LTV V-507 looks like a French Mirage... Is there any influence or cooperation explaining?

Offline Talos

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 10:20:18 am »

Not sure why this thread isn't tied in with this one, but it has a number of pics of Vought's mock-up & I saw a couple of posts mentioning Dassault's involvement.

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,229.0.html

It was, but as it's an art thread and not a research thread like the other one, it doesn't belong in that thread. I do need to get back to work on these, though. I've been busy.

Offline Talos

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2010, 03:27:40 pm »
Haven't updated this in awhile, but I got some work done on the 507 today, so things are progressing. Since I found new references for the canopy, I'll probably change the 225A's to that so it's not using an F-15B's...  ;D

Offline Talos

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2010, 08:08:22 am »
Well here's the new more-accurate canopy. It's scary how well it fits in with the F-15B one. The windscreens are the same. I stuck a support in the middle of the canopy like how the F-14 picked one up between G-303G mockup and prototype stages.

Offline prolific1

• CLEARANCE: Secret
    • Aviation Design Boneyard
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2010, 04:38:20 pm »
I'll be covering F-14 alternatives (in 5-view) when I get to the 70's installment of my book. Until then...it the 50's for me.
Windows/PCs/anything Microsoft sucks.

Offline Talos

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2010, 07:30:13 am »
I'll be covering F-14 alternatives (in 5-view) when I get to the 70's installment of my book. Until then...it the 50's for me.

I best hurry and get these done, then. After seeing your work finished, I doubt I'd want to continue mine.  :P ;D

Offline prolific1

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2010, 09:25:55 am »
I best hurry and get these done, then. After seeing your work finished, I doubt I'd want to continue mine.  Tongue Grin

You should continue whatever you have planned regardless of what other people are doing. Your line work might prove to be a valuable resource to someone else. Besides...it will be a while before I move to this era. I have quite a bit of work o finish on my first book. :P

Offline Talos

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2010, 09:36:03 am »
I best hurry and get these done, then. After seeing your work finished, I doubt I'd want to continue mine.  Tongue Grin

You should continue whatever you have planned regardless of what other people are doing. Your line work might prove to be a valuable resource to someone else. Besides...it will be a while before I move to this era. I have quite a bit of work o finish on my first book. :P

I know, I know.  :P Actually, though, I'm a big fan of your work and I'd like to get some pointers from you sometime to help get to your level. I've been working on the VFX off-and-on for just about a year now and I'd hate to be left in the dust when it comes time for me to shade and color (and start doing profiles of) the G-303D.  ;D

Offline prolific1

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2010, 10:53:04 am »
Sure thing.

Offline Logan Hartke

• CLEARANCE: Restricted
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2013, 12:50:08 pm »
Thought you all might like to see what eventually became of that line art.  Click on the image below to see the picture at 100% or view it at my DeviantArt page.  It's the Vought V-507, LTV's submission to the VFX competition actually won by the Grumman Tomcat.  Take a look at the "build thread" over at the Beyond the Sprues Forums to see the step-by-step of the process of creating the profile.

Cheers,

Logan

Offline Geist

• Never give up from your dreams!
    • Duhr Aviation Art
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2013, 03:44:19 pm »
Really interesting. Great work!
Check out my other works at my website, leave your comments and download the wallpapers!
http://www.duhraviationart.com

Offline fightingirish

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2013, 09:11:58 am »
New drawing of the Vought V-507 F-14A Vagabond - VF-1 Wolfpack uploaded today by Logan Hartke at deviantart.

Source: http://comradeloganov.deviantart.com/art/Vought-V-507-F-14A-Vagabond-VF-1-Wolfpack-418030834
Slán,
fightingirish

Slán ist an Irish Gaelic word for Goodbye.  :)

McDonnell Douglas Model 225 painting by "The Artist" Michael Burke (Tavush) 2018, found at deviantart.com and at Secret Projects Forum » Research Topics » User Artwork » McDonnell Douglas Model 225 Painting