Register here

Author Topic: Entwicklungsfahrzeug series  (Read 16156 times)

Offline robunos

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
  • You're Mad, You Are.....
Re: Entwicklungsfahrzeug series
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 12:51:23 pm »
Note that the turret with the 88/L70 is fictional, Jentz and Doyle debunked that later.

Can you enlighten us further on this, as there are drawings of this, both the turret itself, and the turret mounted
on a Panther hull, in ''Panzer Tracts' 20-1'.

cheers,
         Robin.
Where ARE the Daleks when you need them......

Offline sagallacci

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 10:03:39 am »
Don't have the newer Panzertracks. My comment was more regarding the Panther narrow turret fitted with the 88 for the PantherII, PantherF and, presumably the E-50. Now, if the E-50 had a larger turret ring, I'd guess the 88 could be fitted.

Offline robunos

• You're Mad, You Are.....
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 01:08:42 pm »
Sorry, Sagallaci, didn't make myself clear.
What I meant to say was, where, as in what book, etc., did Jentz and Doyle announce that the turret with the 88mm L/70 was fictional?

cheers,
         Robin.
Where ARE the Daleks when you need them......

Offline carsinamerica

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 11:16:17 pm »
I know that the Achtung Panzer site mentions it, but is there credible sourcing for the Krokodil E-100 tank destroyer? If so, what was its intended specification? Or are the Krokodil and Alligator simply speculation?

Offline Grey Havoc

• _ \\ //
To the Stars

Online Foo Fighter

• CLEARANCE: Secret
  • I came, I saw, I drank some tea (and had a bun).
Entwicklung E-25.
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 08:10:32 am »
I have been looking around the internet for quite some time, for information on this almost mythical machine.  Some things can be relatively easily worked out because the guns for example were those available 'off the shelf' rather like a high st suit.  Other things are not so easily ascertained.  The engine for example is apparently the Tatra 103 diesel V12 but the drive was apparently intended to be from the rear of the vehicle.  The consensus of opinion is that the gearbox would have been a standard  ZF AK 7-200 or ZF AK 7-150 but the 7-200 which was fitted to the Panther was a longitudinal mounted unit.  Given that and the rather large engine, how on earth would this have worked?  I have looked at this so many times I daren't say but I cannot see a method where these items would fit into an E-25 hull considering the locations of the crew access points in the images I have found.  I am looking for engine and gearbox data all the time but find nothing new.  Some folk want to believe torsion bars would have been used while think that standard wheels from the Panther etc would have been used as an interim solution rather than the oversized items suggested, ie 1000mm rather than 660mm.
Anyone have anything to add?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 04:09:15 am by Jemiba »

Offline poky

• CLEARANCE: Restricted
    • midnight greys
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2018, 05:15:32 am »
a lot of things about the E-25 is fictional simple because what is known is not that much, the MG turret is not a WW2 design but added by a model company, but the engine and suspension are known, the torsion bar or 860mm wheels are not based on evidence at all, there where more then 1 option for the engine, HL100 and in March 1945 HL101 was selected, couple of others where mentioned in the design fase as well. ZF was working on the gearbox but none where selected
Greetings Mondria
-------------------------------------------
site to my sculpting work
http://midnightgreys.blogspot.com/

Online Foo Fighter

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2018, 08:49:35 am »
Thank you.  I have been taking most of my information from Panzer Tracts.  From discussion with MR HL Doyle my thoughts about cancellation were more or less confirmed.  Too little in the way of information about drivetrain being confirmed to take any other conclusion.  What exactly the hulls that were rumoured to have been sent to Alkett in Berlin-Spandau were supposed to achieve I do not know.  If the drivetrain had been fitted perhaps some data could have been acquired but otherwise, not much point.  Did the Germans HAVE a transverse gearbox is what I am trying to ascertain right now, a transverse engine installation perhaps but even that is problematic.

Apparently there were actual hulls with drivetrain of the Jagdpanzer 38-D and this was a much more realistic project.

Thanks for the reply.

Online Foo Fighter

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2018, 09:30:46 am »

Offline JFC Fuller

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2018, 05:05:41 am »
The entire German AFV programme at the end of the war seems to have been driven by the ambition to make what they already made cheaper. The E-Series seem to have been a long way from production (a long way from complete prototypes even) and I cant see much evidence of any real attempt to develop superior main guns to the 75mm KwK-42 and 88mm KwK-43.

Online Foo Fighter

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2018, 08:00:07 am »
As happens when researching such topics, things have turned 90 degree's on me.  In order to get SOME kind of logical item at the end of the tunnel.  There is talk of the Maybach HL 100/101 perpendicular to the transmission but given the HL 101 is apparently putting out 550bhp I cannot see the result free's up space while complicating the drive method.  I can see the engine being above the gearbox but 90 degrees to it makes no sense packaging wise.  Does anyone have a link I might use to get enough data to create an HL 100/101 in 3d CAD?  Dimensions?  I would greatly appreciate any pointers, thank you.

Offline Michel Van

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2018, 04:57:22 am »
The Biggest problem for Information on E-25
it was one of last tanks projects of WW2

even at Argus Factory in Karlsruhe, were they undecidedly what to use as Gun
the remaining technical drawings show a 7,5-cm-Panzerjägerkanone 42 L/70

on MG turret same thing, they no idea what to use or for what
one proposal was Anti aircraft gun in dome Turret with one 30-mm-MK 108 autocannon

The Reason is simple its 1944/45, it lack on everything
Materials, petrol, guns & Ammunitions, personel
here you take what you get and build it into tank with what you got
Next to that were last minute change of Orders, special if this coming from "Little Annoying Austrian" in his bunker in Berlin.
like install bigger guns into tanks as planed...

interesting note
as Allies visit the Argus Factory after War
there were no E-25 parts to be found.
I love Strange Technology

Online Foo Fighter

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2018, 05:55:30 am »
I understand and agree on all points, what I am trying to do is find a way the components of the time 'could' be utilised to create a facsimile of the E-25.  There is a suggestion that the engine could have been a HL 100/101 but I cannot find any information on these engines apart from the speculation that they might have been used.  There is also a suggestion that the engine cpould have been mounted perpendicular or 90 degrees from the transmission.  The transmission could have been the ZF 7-200 from the Panther.  In order to have something in 3d I have reduced the elements to a HL-100/101 mounted directly above the transmission which will be a ZF 7-200 as this makes more sense to me than the 90 degree mounting as that is where the space is.  Any diagrams available would help with this but I understand folk may be against this.  The information just does not appear to be on the internet.