Register here

Author Topic: Luftwaffe: Secret Designs of the Third Reich  (Read 13812 times)

Offline newsdeskdan

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Re: Luftwaffe: Secret Designs of the Third Reich
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2019, 03:03:33 am »
interesting

If you look at it, it is better to treat each topic separately, as it is now

thank you for your reply  ;)

P.S. whether it will be "saucers" in the plan  ;D B)

I've looked at, I think, about half a million pages of German aircraft manufacturer, air ministry and experimental/scientific institution documents from WW2 Germany to date and I've chased up every lead I've found about anything even remotely odd or interesting-sounding (as you will have seen from my bookazines). But I've never found any evidence of flying saucers. If I ever did find any genuine evidence, even the merest hint or tiniest scrap, I would certainly include a discussion on it at least. So far - nothing.

Offline steelpillow

• CLEARANCE: Secret
  • So many projects, so little time...
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2019, 04:17:53 am »
The Sack SS-6 was seemingly a private venture light aircraft with circular wing and central fuselage, that failed to fly.

I have also come across a tale of one mad inventor with a project for a true flying saucer with the usual ridiculous performance estimates, that is said to have gained some interest from the odd equally mad high-ranking Nazi but was never taken up. I think it may have been someone's take on Schriever. It was accompanied by mildly degraded copies of some apparently authentic layout drawings. This does at least have an air of plausibility about it - I am prepared to believe that mad inventors existed then, as now - but sadly I cannot recall where I saw it.

Neither of these projects is said to have attracted official military development interest and so would be unlikely to appear in such archives. But then, they would not appear if they were pure fiction either.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 04:41:23 am by steelpillow »
Cheers.

Offline robertino

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
  • I really should change my personal text
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2019, 02:23:58 am »
interesting

I've looked at, I think, about half a million pages of German aircraft manufacturer, air ministry and experimental/scientific institution documents from WW2 Germany to date and I've chased up every lead I've found about anything even remotely odd or interesting-sounding (as you will have seen from my bookazines). But I've never found any evidence of flying saucers. If I ever did find any genuine evidence, even the merest hint or tiniest scrap, I would certainly include a discussion on it at least. So far - nothing.

;D ;D

means there is no evidence for the existence of the Haunebu program or the program existed but as a draft or an idea
based on which some claim that there was a program??

Offline newsdeskdan

« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2019, 09:47:32 am »
interesting

;D ;D

means there is no evidence for the existence of the Haunebu program or the program existed but as a draft or an idea

No evidence that it existed at all.

Offline robertino

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
  • I really should change my personal text
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2019, 06:41:44 am »
interesting

;D ;D

No evidence that it existed at all.

Thanks a lot for the information

Offline Grey Havoc

• The path not taken.
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2019, 01:54:18 pm »
Playing Devil's Advocate for a moment, assuming there was any basis in fact for the Haunebu, it might have been one of the crazier projects (or would-be project) of the SS-Waffenakademie, Brünn. Unfortunately, any surviving records that could prove or disprove this are likely in some forgotten Soviet era archive (or warehouse  ;) ) in Russia.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 01:58:01 pm by Grey Havoc »
The sole imperative of a government, once instituted, is to survive.

Offline newsdeskdan

« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2019, 02:23:00 pm »
Playing Devil's Advocate for a moment, assuming there was any basis in fact for the Haunebu, it might have been one of the crazier projects (or would-be project) of the SS-Waffenakademie, Brünn. Unfortunately, any surviving records that could prove or disprove this are likely in some forgotten Soviet era archive (or warehouse  ;) ) in Russia.

You might argue that the project papers have simply never been seen but that the project existed nevertheless. However, with a lot of projects for which the project papers themselves have disappeared there is evidence elsewhere. For example, among the papers of experimental institutions or those of the RLM - or even verbal testimony during interrogation. But there's nothing. No mention of anything like that even in passing. Without any contemporary evidence at all, it's really impossible to build any sort of convincing case for the existence of Nazi flying saucers.

Offline martinbayer

• CLEARANCE: Secret
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2019, 09:17:11 pm »

You might argue that the project papers have simply never been seen but that the project existed nevertheless. However, with a lot of projects for which the project papers themselves have disappeared there is evidence elsewhere. For example, among the papers of experimental institutions or those of the RLM - or even verbal testimony during interrogation. But there's nothing. No mention of anything like that even in passing. Without any contemporary evidence at all, it's really impossible to build any sort of convincing case for the existence of Nazi flying saucers.

Not to mention the lack of *any* credible underlying physics theories.
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.