Register here

Author Topic: The Boeing B-47 Stratojet: Strategic Air Command's Transitional Bomber  (Read 1585 times)

Offline FighterJock

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
https://www.amazon.com/Boeing-B-47-Stratojet-Strategic-Transitional/dp/191080908X/ref=sr_1_74?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1496264485&sr=1-74&keywords=aviation

Nice find bercr, definitely one for the Christmas wish list.  I know very little about the B-47, so this will be an excellent book for my collection.

Offline GTX

• All hail the God of Frustration!!!
    • Beyond The Sprues
Interested to see how it compares to this:

Offline _Del_

• CLEARANCE: Secret
  • I really should change my personal text
Mark Natola also has a Stratojet book which was as I remember it basically many personal anecdotes from engineers at Boeing and crewmen compiled for the volume. Worth a read.

Offline AL

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
Re: The Boeing B-47 Stratojet: Strategic Air Command's Transitional Bomber
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 07:44:38 am »
Got the book this week and just glancing through it I would say if I had to choose between this one and the Lloyd book I would choose this one, but I would still want to get the Lloyd book if I could afford it. The new to me secret projects shown in the book include drawings of the original prop driven recon bomber, a gunship version for TROPIC MOON, and a TIP-TOW version of two B-47's and a B-36, and TIP-TOW B-47 with two F-86's.  Also included is a photo of the mock-up of the cockpit of the B-47C which had side-by-side seating. No mention of the mythical BLACK BEAUTY so I guess it's just a myth.

Offline CJGibson

• Top Contributor
  • TAATH is coming...
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 10:32:45 pm »
No mention of the mythical BLACK BEAUTY so I guess it's just a myth.

Try page 173.

Chris

Offline AL

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 03:22:04 pm »
I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing that out.