Register here

Author Topic: Blackhawk Attack Helicopter  (Read 20117 times)

Online Colonial-Marine

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
  • Fighting the UAV mafia.
Re: Blackhawk Attack Helicopter
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2019, 06:28:59 pm »
So far as I am aware, there have been no orders ...

I'd say having already been taken over by Lockheed by that time hasn't exactly helped that or other projects.
I don't know, they didn't seem to be doing any better in their final days as part of UTC. It's not like Lockheed has their own attack or utility helicopter that is going to compete with the Black Hawk.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

Offline yasotay

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2019, 05:36:55 am »
While it may be true that a dedicated version of the H-60 may not have beed sold, there are a number of H-60 that have been configured to take on that role around the world.  Best known is the Columbian (Eagle) program that has been active for years. I think one of the Gulf States just bought some H-60 that are capable of being armed to the point of being an attack helicopter.  I woud not be surprised if the new Polish SOF H-60 order will allow them to be re-configured in short order if needed.  Some countries probably don't want to advertise having an attack helicopter capability.

Offline flateric

• Deputy Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2019, 08:49:55 am »
Holy thread revival!!  The AIAA book on the S-70 includes a picture of a mockup of an attack helicopter using H-70 dynamic components that was offered in the AAH competition after Sikorsky had won the UTTAS competition.  'Twould be an interesting subject to model.
https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15252.0.html
"There are many disbelievers in
stealth, more than a few of them truly technically ignorant and proud of it." Sherm Mullin, Skunk Works