Register here

Author Topic: Lockheed Martin F-35: News ONLY topic  (Read 379579 times)

Offline _Del_

• CLEARANCE: Secret
  • I really should change my personal text
Re: Lockheed Martin F-35: News ONLY topic
« Reply #1590 on: February 02, 2019, 05:55:47 am »
And nobody is disputing that the F-35 might have issues.  However some, I won't say who, think the best thing Europe in general could do is follow Germany's lead and buy Typhoons instead of F-35s.  (That the Hornet is the mix is a fig leaf for German politicians, nothing more.)  So no, Typhoon availability rates, as they compare to the F-35, aren't exactly irrelevant.

And say, didn't Germany decide some of its new Tiffs only had 1500 hrs of safe flying time on them due to rear fuselage issues production issues? Did that ever get satisfactorily resolved? Wouldn't that mean the limited number of affected B-models we're slamming still have 40% longer service life as is?   I'm sure we could find the same voices discussing the Tiff availability and lifespan issues dripping with the same venom...

Offline LowObservable

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
« Reply #1591 on: February 02, 2019, 09:34:07 am »
Try as ever I can, I cannot discern the words Random Anti-Typhoon Biatch Session in the topic title.

Plainly my reading skills are up the spout today.

Offline Hood

« Reply #1592 on: February 07, 2019, 12:33:57 am »
Further to my random snippet about the RAF ditching 'II' from the aircraft's title, its been pointed out by those who more about RAF serial numbers than I do that the MOD have allocated serials to 'mirror' the English Electric Lightning F.1 allocations, but starting at ZM135 to omit the unfortunate XM134 which crashed after only a few years in service.
Who said nostalgia is dead eh?

Offline Foo Fighter

• I came, I saw, I drank some tea (and had a bun).
« Reply #1593 on: February 07, 2019, 03:24:53 am »
Nobody I know.