A very special transport

BAROBA

3D artist
Reaction score
Website
www.baroba.be
Hi all,

This is my current work in progress.
Featuring some pretty obscure projects :)
I still need to work on the textures, lighting and adding smoke and other small things.
All made in Modo, 3d software.
Feel free to give your opinion :)

Cheers,

Rob

gross_render_002.JPG

This is beautiful work! The aircraft looks a bit dark but that might have to do with my screen.

Is this an original design of yours, or directly inspired by a real-life unbuilt wartime project? This one has a Junkers feel to it...

Anyway, keep up the great work!

I think more of a F-W, compare to the Condor. Unfortunately I think the Sanger is too far aft, if the plane flies with it there it likely would be too nose heavy to fly without it.
What is the upper plane, the lower is a Ta-152

Interesting and far sighted!!

Regards
Pioneer

Thanks for the replies :)

You guessed it correct, Samardza :) It is a F-W-design.It was the FW-249(not a official RLM designation). I bought the blueprints from Scott ( OrionBlamBlam). The plane only had the wrong engines, ( the Jumo 222) to get into the air. It would have been the biggest LANDbased plane of the world at the time.
And in my mind a ideal launching-platform for the Sanger Space-plane.
The front-plane is indeed the Ta-152(H0).
The last plane is a really big secret, because really knows for sure it ever existed except on pictures. 2 pictures to be exact. The pictures were once shown on the Airwarfare forum, I don't know if it still exists, but a few years ago they went invitation-only... But before that, it was pretty open. And one member posted one day 2 pictures he bought on E-bay. Showing the plane, from the side and from the front. A lot of guys jumped on it and found nothing that suggested it would be a fake. Some even made 3views and I made a 3D-model out of it. A lot of ideas were posted, but I don't think anyone could clearly identify it. So the right answer is : nobody knows :)

Cheers,

Rob

BAROBA said:
... A lot of ideas were posted, but I don't think anyone could clearly identify it. So the right answer is : nobody knows :)

Cheers,

Rob

Ah, the "famous" Heinkel 117, aka He 536, aka "He X", we mentioned it here http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1180.msg14241.html#msg14241 ,
but also here http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14789.0.html , as in most fora it's recognised as either
a fake, or maybe a kind of decoy, but not a real aircraft.
Nevertheless, nice rendering, but to me the span of that mysterious aircraft seems to be too wide.

Somehow I only now noticed this topic. Fabulous rendering, any change of getting a higher resolution version? And great original concept, though also I think the Sänger should be positioned further forward.

Thanks for the info, I also found the picture again.
I thought there was a picture with a man standing next to it? And also a front-view. Haven't found those yet.
But it is a nice looking plane, that's for sure :)
And indeed, the wingspan has been increased in order to make it an high-altitude version.Also the Ta-152h0 needed a companion, and this German design I still had laying around somewhere.

I will move the Sanger a bit more forward. At first I wanted to make a rail for it to launch from, but I think it would look to 'primitive' to be German.
I will post a higher resolution picture the next time.
Cheers,

Rob

BAROBA said:
I thought there was a picture with a man standing next to it? And also a front-view. Haven't found those yet.

This picture ? It was used by several people to determine the span, result usually was less than 10 meters,
as well as length. That would mean an aircraft about the size of Bf 109 with a H- or X-engine and a layout, that
would leave not much room for the pilot...

Attachments

• Unknownplane-02.jpg
    Unknownplane-02.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 356
Thanks for the picture, haven't seen that one is a long time :)
Didn't even remember that there was a guy standing next to it..

Update:

Changed the lighting and added smoke-trails.
The smoke was a long and painful process, Modo now has the ability to render smoke and clouds ( finally) but it is slowwww. So in the end I cheated a bit to get the result.

I hope I didn't screw up the smoke...

C&C is welcome :)

Cheers,

Rob
gross_render_005.JPG

Gotta be honest, I rather liked the first one. The update obscures too many things.