Register here

Author Topic: De Monge projects  (Read 25094 times)

Offline hesham

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Re: De Monge projects
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2018, 05:04:41 am »
De Monge also designed a twin boom experimental glider which was engaged at the "Sailplane Offical Meeting of Combegrasse", France, in August 1922, piloted by Casale.

It was called DMP-1.

Offline Skyblazer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2018, 06:33:54 am »
It was called DMP-1.

Maybe it was... Maybe not. Do you have a link? A scan? Why do you post dozens of assertions like that in every topic, but without ever giving us a photo, an article, a reference? Are we just supposed to take your words for gospel truth, Hasan? I suppose I wouldn't be so demanding if certain forum members made such assertions, but in your case it's the sheer amount of them AND the fact that so many times in the past you misinterpreted documents that drive me to caution when it comes to you, sorry.

Offline hesham

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2018, 10:51:51 am »
OK,I will try to remember the source,but most of them in my files without any reference.

Offline Skyblazer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2018, 01:58:25 am »
De Monge DMP-1, as shared by member dan_inbox in a post I moved (see The Bar):

Offline hesham

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2019, 05:23:30 am »
Hi,

I can't translate well,they mentioned here a helicopter and de Monge in the article,
what is that mean ?.

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k9794881f/f3.item

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2019, 09:32:51 am »
Google is your friend here, too ! 
The article mentions the "S.I.A.", which quite probably means the "Société des Ingénieurs de l’Automobile"
(Society of automotive engineers). A bit strange, as this would mean people workings mostly on cars, not
aircraft, but at least with regards to the engines, both means of transportation often share the same interests.
And especially after the war, a much more widespread use of aircraft as means of private (!) transport was expected
by many. And then an online translator can do its task by translating the two sentences at the start:
"considerations of the stuff for private transport" and "The S.I.A. discusses the question: Aircraft or helicopter?"
If really Louis de Monge is meant, I'm not sure, because the first sentence, which certainly caught your eye says
"Sous la présidence de M. de Monge ...", meaning "under the presidency of M.  (NOT "L." !) de Monge.
So, the article is about a discussion amongst the French engineers and manufacturers of means of transportation,
which way is better: The fixed-wing aircraft, fast, but needing runways, or the helicopter, slower, but able to take
off from nearly any spot.
That answer isn't complete, but shows, that there's no mention of an unknown helicopter and that the question probably is
wrong in this thread. And finding it took about ten minutes and very nearly no knowledge of the French language, just
typing in a number of letters and I think, that much research is reasonable for everyone here.  ;)

It takes a long time, before all mistakes are made ...

Offline hesham

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2019, 03:14:22 pm »
OK my dear Jemiba.

Offline patvig

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
    • les 10 000 avions (10 000 planes)
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2019, 11:01:31 pm »
..."Sous la présidence de M. de Monge ...", meaning "under the presidency of M.  (NOT "L." !) de Monge....
M is probably for 'Monsieur' (Mister), as 'Mr de Monge' in English, and not related with the firstname.
Patrice Vignaud
Larmor-Baden, France
www.vignaud.org    (planes database)

Offline hesham

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2019, 04:25:18 am »
..."Sous la présidence de M. de Monge ...", meaning "under the presidency of M.  (NOT "L." !) de Monge....
M is probably for 'Monsieur' (Mister), as 'Mr de Monge' in English, and not related with the firstname.

Maybe that's right ?.

Offline Jemiba

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2019, 04:50:32 am »
Yes, maybe that's right, it may well be, that Monsieur (thanks for the clue, Patvig) Louis de Monge was president of the S.I.A. then. I haven't found a forename during my quick search.
But what be the difference in this case ?
It takes a long time, before all mistakes are made ...

Offline hesham

« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2019, 07:15:10 am »
Hi,

here is a strange Project for flying bomb with 700 kg explosives load,mentioned
in the book; The Bugatti 100P record plane

Ailes 1/1946

Offline riggerrob

• CLEARANCE: Secret
  • I really should change my personal text
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2019, 09:48:00 am »
Google is your friend here, too ! 
The article mentions the "S.I.A.", which quite probably means the "Société des Ingénieurs de l’Automobile"
(Society of automotive engineers). A bit strange, as this would mean people workings mostly on cars, not
aircraft, but at least with regards to the engines, both means of transportation often share the same interest.
———————————————————-
Yes Hesham,
Since most of the work of aeronautical engineers overlaps the work of automotive engineers, AE is often referred to as a sub-set of automotive engineering.
The Society of Automotive Engineers has a sub-organization of aeronautical engineers. The American Institute of Aviation and Aerspace Engineering is the academic side.
Even more narrowly defined is the Parachute Industry Association which includes manufacturers and PIA’s Sepifications Commitee maintains SAE specifications for parachute fabric, lines, hardware, etc. The Federal Aviation Adminstration and US military recognize PIA specifications as the successors to old Military Specifications. PIA specs are respected the same as SAE specs.
If you ask SAE about parachute specs, they will refer you to PIA.

Offline hesham

« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2019, 03:47:22 pm »
Yes Hesham,
Since most of the work of aeronautical engineers overlaps the work of automotive engineers, AE is often referred to as a sub-set of automotive engineering.
The Society of Automotive Engineers has a sub-organization of aeronautical engineers. The American Institute of Aviation and Aerspace Engineering is the academic side.
Even more narrowly defined is the Parachute Industry Association which includes manufacturers and PIA’s Sepifications Commitee maintains SAE specifications for parachute fabric, lines, hardware, etc. The Federal Aviation Adminstration and US military recognize PIA specifications as the successors to old Military Specifications. PIA specs are respected the same as SAE specs.
If you ask SAE about parachute specs, they will refer you to PIA.

Thank you Riggerrob.