TAI TF-X / Milli Muharip Uçak MMU Kaan

You are really funny! On the one side your reply above and then this insisting in being the largest!
Do you understand that longest and widest are different categories? Thus one can be the longest without being the widest and vice versa.

Based on imagery the overall conclusion now for the J-20 is a length of 20.40-20.8 and a span of 12.90-13.40 against your own claim of 21x14. So where is the J-20 larger? The Su-57 is anyway out of this stupid comparison.
I got the J-20 dimensions from wiki which gives a length of 21,2 meters. I never claimed J-20 being 21x14.

The Su-57 is also considered to be a twin engine heavy fighter thus fits very well into this category.

Do you understand that longest and widest are different categories? Thus one can be the longest without being the widest and vice versa.

I got the J-20 dimensions from wiki which gives a length of 21,2 meters. I never claimed J-20 being 21x14.

The Su-57 is also considered to be a twin engine heavy fighter thus fits very well into this category.

Oh come on! Either you have a lack in reading comprehensions or you do not want a honest discussion. In fact it seems you take any random claim and argument whenever it fits: You claimed „That belongs to the J-20 and Su-57 respectively“- aka being the "longest and widest" which both is wrong! - and also you claimed „TAI has given official dimensions of 21x14x6“ which clearly makes Kaan the "longest and widest". So I only took your arguments and proved that you are wrong in both ways since neither the J-20 is the longest nor the Su-57 the widest, at least against your own data. And what to think of Wiki is a totally different story.

As such take this as a clear warning to stop with this BS and constant provocations only to make an argument for the argument‘s sake!

Last edited:
The only comment i have on KAAN is, does the wheel track looks a bit on the short side for an aircraft that size or is it me? Otherwise good luck to them, interesting to see another new bird at least.
In respect to power, i'm sure Russia could have sold them the 15,000 kgf Izd.117 if they would have asked, would have made a good interim powerplant until their indigenous engine.
What are the proposed specs of the indigenous engine, i couldn't find info on it so far?

KAAN has 2x120kW generators on board. The generators were produced by a Turkish company called Volt.

(From Temel Kotil's interview today)

Note: The delay of first flight was caused by the inability of Volt to deliver the generators on time.

View attachment 720764

;)

Either do it right or don't do it.

Oh come on! On the one side twisting words, claiming this and then denying that and then such rants against well-respected members who are here since years! Calm down, get mature and earn some respect first before continuing posting in such a tone!

Oh come on! On the one side twisting words, claiming this and then denying that and then such rants against well-respected members who are here since years! Calm down, get mature and earn some respect first before continuing posting in such a tone!
I've got no problem with imagination in the absence of (semi) official figures.

I would rather encourage it. But why do they deserve respect if they discard official figures willingly and go their own way? There is already someone (@Buchmaru) who tried to measure the Kaan almost a year ago coming up with wrong specs and had to backtrack as soon as they had a proper view of Kaan.

These pictures tend to spread all over the community and provide a wrong picture. I'm trying to prevent that from happening.

Hence do it right or don't.

If your claim is that paralay's drawing is not scaled correctly, shrinking the drawing would then contradict your own claims of the aircraft's length dimension.
It appears to me the nose gear strut appears more extended in paralay's drawing than the irl photos. That would account for the discrepancy if you insist on trying to match height against feature.

If your claim is that paralay's drawing is not scaled correctly, shrinking the drawing would then contradict your own claims of the aircraft's length dimension.
It appears to me the nose gear strut appears more extended in paralay's drawing than the irl photos. That would account for the discrepancy if you insist on trying to match height against feature.
Have you perhaps thought that his drawing of the Kaan is flawed in the first place?

No, any distortions upon his drawing appear even more flawed in terms of apparent proportions to me. You are welcome to present corrections, I am interested to see how well they match reality.

No, any distortions upon his drawing appear even more flawed in terms of apparent proportions to me. You are welcome to present corrections, I am interested to see how well they match reality.
The two biggest flaws is the nose is too short and the entire rear fuselage starting from the middle is too thick.

There are other minor flaws that you can spot for yourself.

Attachments

• 7234.png
    7234.png
    2 MB · Views: 140
The two biggest flaws is the nose is too short and the entire rear fuselage starting from the middle is too thick.

There are other minor flaws that you can spot for yourself.
Ok but it is a very good open source effort isn't it? Yes there are and could be mistakes but why disrespect Paralay?

Look, I have seen the aircraft, plant, hangar, production etc and I can confidently say and state that aircraft is 20.2 meters and not 21

Look, I have seen the aircraft, plant, hangar, production etc and I can confidently say and state that aircraft is 20.2 meters and not 21
this is the first time I've heard from you that the plane is 20 meters, can this mean that the wingspan is not 14 meters either?

I hadn't been watching this program very closely and rather just assumed it would be powered by F414s or an engine in that similar weight/size/power class, so I was surprised to learn it's using two F110s which makes is quite larger than I thought. Seems quite an ambitious aircraft for sure.

I hadn't been watching this program very closely and rather just assumed it would be powered by F414s or an engine in that similar weight/size/power class, so I was surprised to learn it's using two F110s which makes is quite larger than I thought. Seems quite an ambitious aircraft for sure.
Yes, I was quite surprised as well, I was expecting it to be in the same size class as the KF21, not in the F14-Su27 size class.

Yes, we know that there is a sensor housing there, but they seem to have temporarily installed chutes in place instead, since it could be considered a necessity during testing.
Spin testing requires a parachute to pull the plane back out in case it can't recover with full control deflections.

Yes, I was quite surprised as well, I was expecting it to be in the same size class as the KF21, not in the F14-Su27 size class.

Spin testing requires a parachute to pull the plane back out in case it can't recover with full control deflections.

They've made it that big for one major reason, and they are not shy about it. Fitment of avionics. This is Turkey's first attempt at a highly functional fighter aircraft and as such, they don't want to limit national partners to tight tolerances. Not yet anyway. There's plenty of space in the TechDem aircraft to test newly developed avionics and measurement equipment.

I expect the KAAN to be highly optimized when avionics mature and new wind tunnel gets up and running. With the additive manufacturing tech they've poured $$$ into, we will likely see those changes happen rapidly.

They've made it that big for one major reason, and they are not shy about it. Fitment of avionics. This is Turkey's first attempt at a highly functional fighter aircraft and as such, they don't want to limit national partners to tight tolerances. Not yet anyway. There's plenty of space in the TechDem aircraft to test newly developed avionics and measurement equipment.

I expect the KAAN to be highly optimized when avionics mature and new wind tunnel gets up and running. With the additive manufacturing tech they've poured $$$ into, we will likely see those changes happen rapidly.
Ah, yeah, makes sense!

That pic is PSed. How do we know that? Because that's the 3rd Main Jet Base in Konya where the Anatolian Eagle Exercises are held.