"One must consider that unmanned variants of fighter jets might deviate from their manned versions. As an illustration, the Su-75 Checkmate exhibits alterations to its wings and tail, possibly attributed to optimizations for automated operation."

What a deep analysis

"One must consider that unmanned variants of fighter jets might deviate from their manned versions. As an illustration, the Su-75 Checkmate exhibits alterations to its wings and tail, possibly attributed to optimizations for automated operation."

What a deep analysis
Yes, this gets filed under "well, duh."

But if you're not going to include the canopy shape, the aerodynamics change a bit...

Yes, this gets filed under "well, duh."

But if you're not going to include the canopy shape, the aerodynamics change a bit...
Considering that new patents clearly show altered flaps and tail featured on manned and manned variants both, it's not even a "well, duh".

Last edited:
why have you decide so?
So is it for both? Someone commented that the different layout was for the drone version, but the patent shows the new layout added to the manned version so I was confused. Is that new design a compromise from having to use the su-57 wing or is it good enough?

So is it for both? Someone commented that the different layout was for the drone version, but the patent shows the new layout added to the manned version so I was confused. Is that new design a compromise from having to use the su-57 wing or is it good enough?
there are patents for both manned and unmanned updated design versions on several previos pages.
why listen to 'someone' somewhere and not use own eyes?

How did you obtain the bulkhead cross sections from the available imagery?
If you mean the construction of the frames, that is, the image of the main frame, the rest are restored by analogy and by the internal structure

Attachments

• 00000002 (1).jpg
    00000002 (1).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 153
I wonder if on the original configuration the amount of elevator area was found to be insufficient? It seems the redesign could have addressed that among other improvements.

Looking at the elevator on the patent I'm confused as to if the end of the root for the vertical tail slides back into the rest of the root when the elevator is pitched up?

Have they ever announced what the percentages are of all the structural components? The thrust to weight issue is pretty vital and it seems there are implications that it will use a greater amount of titanium and composites? I recall that on the felon it utilizes a smaller amount of titanium than some other fifth gen aircraft.

Have they ever announced what the percentages are of all the structural components? The thrust to weight issue is pretty vital and it seems there are implications that it will use a greater amount of titanium and composites? I recall that on the felon it utilizes a smaller amount of titanium than some other fifth gen aircraft.
Not to my knowledge, they may be similar to those of the Flatfish since it is the more technologically advanced project which paved the way to this one. Aviation generally employs duralumin alloys and lately composites. Titanium's metallurgy and welding are challenging, though Russia is the world leader and authority. A designer seeks to minimize Ti use if possible not increase it. It is confined to special parts such as landing gear struts, critical bulkheads, wing pivots and turbine blades. Both the SR-71 and T-4 Sotka (and some soviet subs) are all titanium due to the extreme performance, however this made them prohibitively expensive. The genius behind the Mig-25 lays in its ability to achieve superior performance without having extensive recourse to Titanium and hence was built in the hundreds.
The current structural frontier is topological optimization employed in concert with additive technologies to build these arboreal like structures.
slide 5.jpg 01.png

Not exactly percentages, but it gives you an idea of what the structure will be made of:

- At the same time, the power frames of the internal power kit are made of titanium alloys, and the remaining parts of the internal power kit are made of aluminum alloys. The skin of the head part of the fuselage and the middle part of the fuselage are made of aluminum alloys, and the outer skin of the tail part of the fuselage are made of polymer composite materials in the form of carbon fiber honeycomb panels.

The f-35 uses a tape to cover that joint; I wonder sukhoi is planning on doing that for the second stage su-57

So, the newest variant.
I don't see any obvious changes from the previous one we have seen. Might even be one of the same models that have been shown at prior trade shows.
I wonder if we will eventually see a full-scale mock-up of the revised T-75 like the one originally shown when the T-75 was announced? Or if they are going to try to move directly to a prototype or EMD aircraft?

Hurry up ruskies I want to see it fly
My prediction:

skeleton-computer.jpg

I hope the Russians prove you wrong, GTX. It is one of the coolest new fighter designs I've seen in awhile imo.

I don't see any obvious changes from the previous one we have seen. Might even be one of the same models that have been shown at prior trade shows.
This is upgraded design model.
I wonder if we will eventually see a full-scale mock-up of the revised T-75 like the one originally shown when the T-75 was announced?
No

This is upgraded design model.

No
Upgraded over the already revised design that has been around since last year? Do you know of any notable changes?

Yes, I suppose building another mock-up wouldn't actually help anything.