Interesting to see the old tail with a 2d TVC unit...!

Has anyone managed to confirm/update the internal layout using these structural patents (e.g. inferring bay depth, inlet paths)? It might be interesting (although I suspect the main bay will be a replicate of one of the Su-57 bays).

The new variant looks significantly shortened. Weight would be reduced but so would fuel and wouldnt the air ducting need complete revision as well? I mean the change seems drastic. The balance points would change and the structure inside would probably be different in many ways. I remember many comments that the checkmate was rather long and large for a single engine fighter. Essentially as large as f-35. This new resign reduces it by quite an amount from what I can see. Could be wrong.

This is becoming more and more like what the X-32 could have been if Boeing didn't have to consider Vertical Landing
The key difference is the lack of hard footprint limitation, I think.
Su-75 seems to be the least "dense" modern aircraft, even compared to already voluminous flankers and felon.

The new variant looks significantly shortened. Weight would be reduced but so would fuel and wouldnt the air ducting need complete revision as well? I mean the change seems drastic. The balance points would change and the structure inside would probably be different in many ways. I remember many comments that the checkmate was rather long and large for a single engine fighter. Essentially as large as f-35. This new resign reduces it by quite an amount from what I can see. Could be wrong.
From my standpoint the length is overall the same. Wing moved backwards and engine forward slightly (which would impact internal volume and fuel level - how they would achieve their goal of 2.8-3k km of range with that?)

Thanks to Vector via paralay.iboards.ru

Notice the tail section
Very interesting airflow. It has never occured to me that wingtip vortices could oriented upwards and towards the fuselage. I wonder if it's possible to take advantage of them to produce extra lift. That'd explain the trapezoidal wings of the redesigned prototype (also the YF23). I wonder if on more conventional tailed designs, can the effect be leveraged by the horizontal tails?

Very interesting airflow. It has never occured to me that wingtip vortices could oriented upwards and towards the fuselage. I wonder if it's possible to take advantage of them to produce extra lift. That'd explain the trapezoidal wings of the redesigned prototype (also the YF23). I wonder if on more conventional tailed designs, can the effect be leveraged by the horizontal tails?
It’s combination of the vortices of the LERX-fuselage and the LERX-wing junctions. High alpha vortex lift is why it’s purposely put into a design and another reason why variations of the delta are the standard planform of fighter aerodynamics. Even non-deltas still tend to feature LERXs to get some delta-ish high alpha vortex lift. Think F-5, Hornet family, AV-8B, Kawasaki T-4……

Last edited:
Checkmate structural patent

Some interesting information from this patent:

- At the same time, the power frames of the internal power kit are made of titanium alloys, and the remaining parts of the internal power kit are made of aluminum alloys. The skin of the head part of the fuselage and the middle part of the fuselage are made of aluminum alloys, and the outer skin of the tail part of the fuselage are made of polymer composite materials in the form of carbon fiber honeycomb panels.

- In addition, the tail beams also contain various aircraft equipment, such as air conditioning, hydro-pneumatic system, air cooling system, etc., and the left tail beam has a compartment of the auxiliary power plant.

- In addition to the distribution of aerodynamic and compression loads, the channel lining perceives longitudinal loads from the front support of the chassis, starters in the side cargo compartments and the recoil from the gun mount located inside the fuselage.

- Gone is the central strut in the main intake in the single seater version.

- Side weapons bay now has two piece door instead of single (14 and 15).

- It has a drag chuite (parachute) above the engine.

- There seems to be a divider in the main weapons bay? No more 3 R-77 inside?

Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 16.08.54.png

Last edited:
- There seems to be a divider in the main weapons bay? No more 3 R-77 inside?

Are you referring to this (see highlighted):
Screenshot 2023-07-16 105422.png

It might not go full length? The third R-77 could be staggered slightly behind the others?

P.S. I personally never really believed that the PAK-FA style bays could carry three missiles per bay... but it turns out Paralay was right - points to him.

Two more patent related things:

- We are missing one more patent. Might be interesting to see how they undock the wings
Another document indicates a patent for a light tactical aircraft transported inside the cargo compartment by a transport aircraft due to the possibility of easy undocking of individual elements. The shape of the aircraft on the schemes also coincides with that of the Su-75.

- Four dots under the wing that corespond to same location as on Su-57 for weapons pylon attachment.
IMG_0540.jpeg

So 4 underwing pylons in total not 6 as it was claimed before.

- We are missing one more patent. Might be interesting to see how they undock the wings

- Four dots under the wing that corespond to same location as on Su-57 for weapons pylon attachment.
View attachment 705223

Where was it claimed that 6?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220503_091613_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20220503_091613_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 169
From tass LTS spec page, but now i see they changed it to "11 max. number of suspension points" https://spec.tass.ru/su-checkmate/

I do recall it said 6, the same is said in this article:

Described as being unique for its class, the weapons load of the Checkmate is stated as 7,400kg (16,314lb), which will include stores carried on five internal hardpoints (located within three weapons bays) as well as six more pylons located externally.

View attachment 705223

Would wingtip-but-hanging-below count as the extra pylons?

Would wingtip-but-hanging-below count as the extra pylons?

It would count, but I doubt they'll do that. The whole point is to recycle as much as possible from Su-57E as they can.

Was hoping to see program progress on MAKS-2023 but that got postponed to next year. Who knows maybe we'll find out something new on Army-2023...

Likely internal wing pylons can mount a double rack pylon.

Internal no, there's no room. External double pylon, yes.

Was thinking about making a list of all the things that Su-57E and T-75 share, but it's easier just to make a list of all the things they don't.

The list:
- obviously, the airframe
- flaperon and aileron
- landing gear
- side weapon bays
- KOEPS-75

... feel free to add if I missed anything.

LG is the same mostly.
Internal no, there's no room. External double pylon, yes.
1617249544_6238311_900.jpg

This pic says otherwise. Su-57 allows for double rack on internal pylon mount.
Considering wing is the same for most part, S-75 should be no different.

Yeah you're right.I misunderstood you, I thought you meant double pylons inside the weapon bay :)

Attachments

• IMG_6788.jpeg
    IMG_6788.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_6789.jpeg
    IMG_6789.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_6790.jpeg
    IMG_6790.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_6791.jpeg
    IMG_6791.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_6792.jpeg
    IMG_6792.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_6793.jpeg
    IMG_6793.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_6794.jpeg
    IMG_6794.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_6795.jpeg
    IMG_6795.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_6800.jpeg
    IMG_6800.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_6801.jpeg
    IMG_6801.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 164
  • IMG_6802.jpeg
    IMG_6802.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 235
Last edited:
I guess this might be an inaccuracy of the model, maybe manufactured by an external company, rather than a design change.

If they are fixed, could be for possibly boat tail drag reduction? On YF-23 our webbed/flattened aft deck basically eliminated boat tail drag. If movable, could be similar to the USN F-4D Skyray, pitch trim/pitch rate augmentor?

Yep

Attachments

• 20230816_120827.jpg
    20230816_120827.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 219
I'm kinda curious about the side bay. Because it seems pretty big. Kinda think it can actually carry something as big as R-77's.

Kinda like you didn't read this topic at all...

Not saying this is a new idea that didn't come to anyone before but this is the first time i see the design of the weapon bay mentioning the usage of it for additional fuel tanks.

Imagine Ferry stealth. where entire internal bay are filled with fuel tank.

Damn! And they're planning to install an autocannon in the sidebay too!...or even two autocannons, one in each bay?:D

Not saying this is a new idea that didn't come to anyone before but this is the first time i see the design of the weapon bay mentioning the usage of it for additional fuel tanks.
Most bombers do that.

First thing i was thinking about is a strike-mission loadout with PGM in the main bay and AFT's in the side-bays. Increased range without compromising stealth and aerodynamics. Should work just fine.

Probably the most common configuration operationally if this thing ever gets built (with the PGM potentially alternately being an AAM for patrol).

It is interesting to think about configurations in the context of what we've seen recently operationally with the Su-35 - with two very long range AAMs, two short range AAMs, and one anti-radiation missile. Such a configuration is possible internally on the Su-57 (albeit with some limitations on the size of the anti-radiation missile), but the Su-75 would likely have to split that load across two airframes.

I could possibly see a configuration with one long range air-to-air missile and one anti-radiation missile as the sole weapons load... it would work reasonably for contesting/denying airspace... it could force an enemy aircraft defensive (including forcing a strike package to drop its bombs) and could also opportunistically harass air-defenses - even if the likelihood of killing anything was relatively low. It'd also have the benefit that the pilot would have to disengage after firing its initial stick (albeit, with the downside that the aircraft would be defenseless) ...which might be good for less well trained pilots (reduces risks of losses if they have to shoot and scoot).

Patent of Checkmate's landing gear (and other stuff?).
Google translate is not working for me. So landing gear is the only part that i kinda understand that the patent talking about

So landing gear is the only part that i kinda understand that the patent talking about
The technical result of the claimed invention is to increase the convenience and safety of technical operation and maintenance of a light tactical aircraft, including troubleshooting, as well as reducing the time for carrying out these activities.