Your favourite Space Invaders

Rather surprised no-one's mentioned 'Life Force' yet...? Oh well... ;)
At least Life Force had some ...aah interesting shots of Matilda May.
I've never noticed. I guess I'll have to pop the Blu Ray in and watch it again. Maybe two or three times. Just to see what you're going on about. You know, for science.

Rather surprised no-one's mentioned 'Life Force' yet...? Oh well... ;)

With Matilda May allergical to any sort of clothing, and hotter than the surface of any star. The aliens could have used her to power a Kadarshev IV civilization.

And what a relevant idea to shot an Alien movie in Buda... pest.

"Amplified and mixed with other data to hear a black hole". Mixed with existing audio data and amplified could mean we are listening to a distorterd recording of a "mid stream" flow. They are literally removing the non lemony scented liquid.

War of the Worlds (UK serie) 2019 and also The war of the worlds (FR serie) 2019. I would say that it is characteristic of works shaped by giants. They never lose their greatness
Are either of those any good? I started watching one of them (don't recall which) and it seemed to have promise.

The Thing - 1982. (The 2011 was okay but could have been so much better had they gone with the practical effects they built instead of CGI trash.)

Oh and the flying wing now called a B2 still drops the bomb..
Also made by Northrop, no less!
A Footfall Movie adaptation is needed by Christopher Nolan or James Cameron ...
Niven and Pournelle's politics (they are/were well to the right) would cause the project not to be greenlit, and Cameron these days wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, as his Avatar universe is openly misanthropic and Footfall is about the triumph of humanity.

Nolan could do it justice, but again, getting it started (and filmed as written) would be difficult.

The novel is so long, it might better be served up on a streaming platform than in the cinemas. As with Dune, it's difficult to do it justice with a cinematic release - to the point where even Denis Villeneuve gave up and decided to make Dune as two movies.

If we can do just one Niven-Pournelle opus, I would vote for the more cerebral "Mote in God's Eye" - but that's possibly even MORE problematic for today's Hollywood.

War of the Worlds (UK serie) 2019 and also The war of the worlds (FR serie) 2019. I would say that it is characteristic of works shaped by giants. They never lose their greatness
Are either of those any good? I started watching one of them (don't recall which) and it seemed to have promise.
Your mileage may vary.

The British one stayed relatively loyal to the basic plot and setting. It's closely analogous, rather than a direct adaptation, particularly later on where there are situations that are similar to but not the same as some in the novel. Some people criticised it for being woke, but that ignores Wells' own writings on women's rights in his other (later) fiction and nonfiction. The narrator of the novel is a journalist who spends words speculating and explaining but that would have made a visual adaptation too talky, so the theme of a struggle between biospheres, NOT armies is implied visually. There are nice touches like the 'areformed' landscape and the tripods apparently being grown in a quasi-crystalline process in the soil under the landing sites (bits are still flaking off them while they're walking around).

The French one really only shares the title. It's set in the present day and is mostly an extended version of the Black Mirror episode 'Metal Head' until it runs off into its own absurd mythology that has nothing to do with Wells. I gave up on it about then. Up to that point it's pretty gripping.

There've been various written 'sequels' (Edison's Conquest of Mars etc.). Christopher Priest's The Space Machine (which ropes in The Time Machine) and Stephen Baxter's The Massacre of Mankind are inventive and filled with ideas (Baxter's tends to be overstuffed at the expense of coherence).