You know you have a book collecting problem when....

Pfff. Lightweight. Below are pics of *some* of the books I have in two of my bedrooms. They are... "overflow" from the larger collections.

Attachments

• books1.jpg
    books1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 56
  • books2.jpg
    books2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 43
  • books3.jpg
    books3.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 59
  • books4.jpg
    books4.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 54
Orionblamblam said:
Pfff. Lightweight. Below are pics of *some* of the books I have in two of my bedrooms. They are... "overflow" from the larger collections.

And how many here are saying to themselves, "got it, got it, had it, got, had it, got it, got it, . . ." ;D

You know you've got a problem when your bookshelfes are seriously bowed under because of all the stuff you keep piling onto them!

The last thing you guys want is for me to go upstairs and take pictures of the multiple filled bookcases I've accumulated, and that doesn't include boxes of magazines that have built up over the years ;D

SOC said:
You know you've got a problem when your bookshelfes are seriously bowed under because of all the stuff you keep piling onto them!

The last thing you guys want is for me to go upstairs and take pictures of the multiple filled bookcases I've accumulated, and that doesn't include boxes of magazines that have built up over the years ;D

I hear that. I've thrown away garbage can loads of magazines over the years. Most of them AvWeek going back to 1980. I've tossed more books than I can remember. In hind-sight. . . :'(

Orionblamblam said:
Thank you very much for the photos! Next time my wife complains about my ever expanding collection filling up the shelves, I'll show her the pics and say "See? It could be much worse!" ;D

Actually, I meant the way I'm gradually buying every volume in this series even if I'm not very interested in the subject, just to get them all....

In my case, it looks like this...

Attachments

• books1.jpg
    books1.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 70
  • books2.jpg
    books2.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 64
...you realise you cannot take them all with you everytime you move from one place to another.
I have been over this 3 times now. Seling, giving and trowing away, even riping out the extra pages and covers of magazines which only have 2-3 articles worth of reading in them.
Only one solution to all this. DIGITAL storage. With back up! ;)

Andreas Parsch said:
Thank you very much for the photos! Next time my wife complains about my ever expanding collection filling up the shelves, I'll show her the pics and say "See? It could be much worse!" ;D

If you want *real* ammo, I could send photos of my sci-fi collection... or my collection of documents...

I'd post a photo of my collection of magazines, but I'd need a fisheye.. ;D ;D ;D and time to reunite it, and my wife would surely object...

The worst prolem, I think, isn't just lack of space in the bookshelfs or tranport boxes,
but how often I know, that I have a photo or drawing somewhere, but where it was ?
Ok, you can make lists of articles and photos, but its very hard to list everything,
at least in the available time. Digital storage could ease this problem, too, but
scanning all books and magazines would take years. So it's still ... searching !

Aahh, but there's nothing quite like "the hunt" for that nugget of info you just know you have!

It is good to see the photos and realize I am not alone...

Enjoy the Day! Mark

We admitted that we were powerless...

Attachments

• books1.jpg
    books1.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 46
  • books2.jpg
    books2.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 26
That's just two walls... and then there is the office... and the other basement room where more files live...

Yes, I was expecting something equal in size to Library of Congress...