What will PAK FA look like?

Which of the following best describes your expected PAK-FA configuration?

• 2 engines, V-tail only (Ex. YF-23)

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 2 engines, 4 poster (Ex. F-22)

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • 2 engines, Triplane (Ex. SU-35)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 2 engines, Canard (Ex. MiG-1.44)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 engine, ANY configuration

• VaporWare (Ex. A/F-X)

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • OTHER ( describe)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lantinian

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
OK, The countdown has started. Suchoi has time till early 2011. Lets run this poll and see if the majority will guess the right answer.
I think there is little for everyone, so don't complain! Just leave a short comment if you will! ;D

P.S. Please make yourselves known so we can have a good laugh at your expense. Or mine :-[

i think they'll take the cheap option, and re-wing the Berkut fuselage, with YF-22 shape wings, and spend the funds on avionics and weapons.

cheers,
Robin.

Su-35 with Go-Faster Stripes! Because everyone knows stripes makes everything go faster!

"And what's your scientific basis on that?"

"...I'm 12?"

F-22 with F-23 mixed, not in your list I think ;) ;D

Attachments

• su501.jpg
    su501.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 20071013_bc.jpg
    20071013_bc.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 97
F-22 with F-23 mixed, not in your list I think
The pic you have attached are the so called 4 poster configuraion = 4 tails

You do not need to mix YF-23 with anything. :( Its perfect that way!

P.S. Overscan, I would have kept the extra option but, first it's not a joke post and second you did not chose it. ;)

NPO Saturn drawings looks, as Adam Savage would say, quite 'plausible'. I always wondered why it was removed from the site and exchanged for Josef rendering...

lantinian said:
F-22 with F-23 mixed, not in your list I think
The pic you have attached are the so called 4 poster configuraion = 4 tails
You do not need to mix YF-23 with anything. :( Its perfect that way!
lantinain:

This is what I called F-22 looks like, but that I posted is not
t5051.jpg

BTW, via discuss with you in Aerospace, I get a clear knowledge which I never make out before why V tail doesn't work well for 3 axis. So if there is no OVT, there is not perfect on YF-23. :p

Hahahahaha.......
what a big dorsal fin!!
Paralay, the Su-50 you drawn lost all of advantages of all-moving vertical fin and CARET inlet and all-moving nozzle, Now F-22 will be unbeatable. ;D

Rousseau, check the term 'dorsal fin' once more and stop cross-posting please.
Trying to try draw any possible PAK-FA configuration to say after unveiling that one has predicted its configuration makes me smile.
I can say now that 'one of the KNAAPO workers have seen the drawings and said that it will look like
X-Wing'. So what, we will rush to draw it?
Real insiders, few of which presents at russian forums, are very cautious (and that's right) and didn't give any direct clue to PAK-FA configuration.

Hey Guys,
I didn't realy wanted to create another discution tread. Plenty of them already.

This is just a poll where everyone can state his opinion, give a short supporting comment and leave the other people's opinions at peace.
Please, it's just a POLL. I don't even thinks drawings of any kind are appropriate unless you have chosen the "OTHER" option and you feel a drawing will explain your opinion better.

Once PAK-FA has been shown, we can all go ever the poll quickly and see who had the most sensitive nose ;)

THANK YOU!

This is what I called F-22 looks like, but that I posted is not
Yes it was from the point of view of the poll! The choices I have made in the poll only highlight the wing+control surface+engine configuration, since that one has the most effect on overal appearance. I have stated that F-22 as example because it also has 2 engines, 4 oster tail and no cannards, but that's all the similarity I was looking for.

A case of not wanting to do this...but I had a liitle play around and its done. Prehaps a little off the current thinking for PAK-FA and more a cross between YF-23 and MiG I.144.

Attachments

• JAZZ-PAK-FA_02.jpg
    JAZZ-PAK-FA_02.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 105
  • JAZZ-PAK-FA_line_03.jpg
    JAZZ-PAK-FA_line_03.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 77
may-be a bit thin....but, I was thinking of an engine size not that much bigger than Typhoon's.