What Was This Racer Aircraft ?

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
From L'Aero 1935,

who can ID this airplane ?,and if it was a project or not ?.

Attachments

• 20.png
    20.png
    515.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 21.png
    21.png
    452.8 KB · Views: 31
From L'Aero 1935,

who can ID this airplane ?,and if it was a project or not ?.
The manufacturer Régnier had considered a device, the "Martinet", whose master torque was very small: unfortunately, it could not pass the qualification tests. This device has a wingspan of 6 meters and a wing area of 6.2 m². Equipped with a 380 hp Régnier engine with a positive displacement compressor, it can reach a speed of 530 km/h.
This appears to be the new name of the Caudron C-366 (which was the only one of the three C-360 series aircraft equipped with a Régnier engine), modified with a retractable landing gear, a retractable windshield and a new "Régnier Martinet" engine, for the Deutsch Cup. from 1935. It was unable to pass the qualifying tests for the 1935 Deutsch Cup because his compressor was not ready.

Last edited:
This appears to be the new name of the Caudron C-366 (which was the only one of the three C-360 series aircraft equipped with a Régnier engine), modified with a retractable landing gear, a retractable windshield and a new "Régnier Martinet" engine, for the Deutsch Cup. from 1935. It was unable to pass the qualifying tests for the 1935 Deutsch Cup because his compressor was not ready.

Thank you my dear Deltafan,

and it could be a project as C.380 ?.

Thank you my dear Deltafan,

and it could be a project as C.380 ?.
I don't know. But, when the "Martinet Régnier" was designed, as the name was "Régnier" and no more "Caudron" and as Caudron had already developed new racer models, beyond the 400 numbering, it would be surprising if they took an older frame and again with the Caudron name.