What was the beginning of use countermeasures against Anti-Radiation missiles

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

can anyone know who used a countermeasures against anti-radiation missiles for first time,
and when ?.

GTX said:
If it were an early weapon...turn off the radar.

Of course not my dear GTX,tomorrow,I will tell you how,where and when ?.

When was the first use of a kitchen microwave oven with door removed and safety bypassed, used to decoy said missiles?

Adventurer104 said:
When was the first use of a kitchen microwave oven with door removed and safety bypassed, used to decoy said missiles?

When was the first use of a converted electric shaver to disrupt communications between a missile and it's launching/guiding aircraft?

Now I can tell you,

it's my country (Egypt) in Yom Kippur war at 1973,generally we did a 14 electronic tricks against
our enemy,they are still secret until this days,except in a daily Journal in 2016,they announced
about 3 of them only,I can unveil about anther one of those three,that was in F-4 Phantom a red lamp,
it lights only when there is a missile SAM targeted the plane,but we could make this red lamp lighted
along,whatever there was a missile sight it or not,that was when the aircraft came over our army.

We launched a metal foils in the air when the missile Shrike released against our radar stations,it
looks like Aluminum foils,as President Sadat said; a tens of this rockets targeted us,no one achieved
a fatal injury,except one of them exploded an aerial only,fixed in just 15 minutes.

The ways to did that were never explained at all.

Screenshot_20170606-155313.png

This red lamp? Dual use?

Big Vern told me that the Bloodhound had anti-ARM kit that involved beacons or decoys placed around the installation. Can't recall the details as it was a long time ago and we were in the pub. I suspect it would be a standard (pardon the pun) feature of any radar-guided SAM system.

Chris

CJGibson said:
Big Vern told me that the Bloodhound had anti-ARM kit that involved beacons or decoys placed around the installation. Can't recall the details as it was a long time ago and we were in the pub. I suspect it would be a standard (pardon the pun) feature of any radar-guided SAM system.

Chris

Anyway,my people,they didn't explain how to achieve that,beside SAM radar station,as I said : still secret.

hesham said:
We launched a metal foils in the air when the missile Shrike released against our radar stations,it
looks like Aluminum foils,as President Sadat said; a tens of this rockets targeted us,no one achieved
a fatal injury,except one of them exploded an aerial only,fixed in just 15 minutes.

Chaff works only against passive radar seeker missiles like Shrike if the actual radar illuminates the chaff and the chaff then attracts the missiles with the reflection.

It would be MUCH easier to simply set up a fixed reflector device on a pole with a metal surface shaped (round?) to scatter the signal. Meanwhile, the incoming missile must not be hit by side lobes.

There's little gain to this, since the radar is still distracted from doing its actual job, and since you don't have the radar looking at the missile any more you do not know if you succeeded in luring the missile away enough to dare resume the actual mission already. You'd need to wait for impact.
The gain would primarily that you can make the enemy believe that you have a different siting (and quantity) of radars than is real, for an enemy who only reads the signals and doesn't see with eyes (or imaging sensors) would triangulate additional radar emitters this way. It may be useful for hiding gaps in the defences.

CJGibson said:

Chris

some such emitters from Russia and the US:
http://defense-and-freedom.blogspot.de/2009/03/anti-arm-decoy-emitters.html

Hi,

anyway,we was successful in avoid its harm.

I meant this kind of reflectors

taktik8.jpg

Here's a semi-functional (German) website about air defence survivability:
http://peters-ada.de/taktik_i.htm

also from there is this link:
http://www.ncsist.org.tw/eng/csistdup/products/product.aspx?product_Id=260&catalog=10

KRT 3 decoy emitter
Ablen.jpg

taktik4.jpg

obor1.jpg

this type supposedly since 2002

BTW, early (most) Shrike missiles had a very narrow bandwidth and one effective countermeasures was thus to simply leave that bandwidth and keep radiating outside of it if you can.

Back
Top Bottom