Von Heyden-Linden

KarlSack

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
I'm looking for information on Von Heyden-Linden who was an ex-Luftwaffe pilot who worked for my Dad at Long Sault back in the 1950's and 60's. I tried several searching avenues like newspapers.com or archive.org but no luck.

Any suggestions on sites to go to? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Karl

So, you've probably already figured out that von Hayden-Linden is a family name, or strictly a place name used as a family name for aristocratic families (which is what the von indicates). You might see just Hayden-Linden now; many people dropped the hereditary von after 1945. Without a personal name, it's going to be hard to track down much more. If he nationalized into Canada, maybe sites like Ancestry.com might help but that seems like a stretch.

Hi Tom,

So, you've probably already figured out that von Hayden-Linden is a family name, or strictly a place name used as a family name for aristocratic families (which is what the von indicates).

Aristocratic seems correct ...

According to that article, von Heyden-Linden is a branch that in 1785 inherited the succession of the extinct Linden family and preserved that name.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Hi again,

According to that article, von Heyden-Linden is a branch that in 1785 inherited the succession of the extinct Linden family and preserved that name.

Looks like the von Heyden-Linden family has a certain Luftwaffe tradition ... here's an article on von Heyden-Lindens buying the station commander's villa of the (de-militarised) Uetersen air base:

And the inventor and physicist Dietrich seems to have invented some kind of simulator for training Luftwaffe pilots in the WW2 era. (Unfortunately, no details is given, but he was an electronics expert, which I think is quite intriguing.)

However, after the war he worked in the GDR, so it's probably not the von Heyden-Linden Karl is looking for:

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)