Virginia block III/IV vs Astute comparison

josh smith

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Chciałbym dokonać porównania tych dwóch okrętów podwodnych. Mam na myśli system sonarowy, technologię akustyczną, szybkość i ogólne porównanie technologii. Chciałbym również wiedzieć, co jest niesamowitego w ssn 790 South Dakota, że wszyscy piszą o pewnej przewadze akustycznej nad innymi subwooferami.

Last edited:
I would like to make a comparison of these two submarines. I mean sonar system, acoustic technology , speed and overall technology comparison. I would also like to know what is amazing about ssn 790 south dakota that everyone writes about some acoustic advantage over other subs.
Get to it then.

Ah, Josh Smith of the Polish Smiths.

G'day, welcome and enjoy your time here. Perhaps use a translator online before posting though, the English language is the site standard.

G'day, welcome and enjoy your time here. Perhaps use a translator online before posting though, the English language is the site standard.

Weirdly, it was posted in English first, then "Josh" went back and edited it into Polish.

Possible problem with the web browser used?

Not sure how that would work. The English text (seen in Sferrin's quote) was up for several hours, then the post was edited and the text changed entirely into Polish.

Edit: I do sort of love that "sub" got translated as "subwoofer."

Also, I'm curious about the specific interest in USS South Dakota. I suspect I know why but I'd also be interested in what Josh might say.

Last edited: