Vickers Type 559: Work in progress...

zebedee

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Well finally my first cgi project post...

Just a an easter project, mainly to get to know cinema 4d 10 better... had great fun sorting out the geometry of the landing gear, as theres very little info out there to go on, apart from Tony Buttler and Putnam. As a result i've taken a few liberties, but i think it works quite well...

Next step is the texturing...

Zeb

Attachments

• vas559.jpg
    vas559.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 267
  • VAS559_03.wmv
    63.6 KB · Views: 99
Brilliant! I've build a model of this one in Raspberry colors some months ago!!

This project was VERY impressive

Glad you like it...! Dont give me ideas with the raspberry ripple colour scheme...

Done some more work on it today.. finally managed to sort out the cockpit....

Zeb

Attachments

• VAS559_03.jpg
    VAS559_03.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 296
Wow, I love it :-*

The undercarriage video is great!

Antonio

zebedee said:
Glad you like it...! Dont give me ideas with the raspberry ripple colour scheme...

Done some more work on it today.. finally managed to sort out the cockpit....

Zeb

PM if you are interested by photos of the model ;D

Fantastic model! Glad we can see it once more. I'm trying to learn Maya at the moment and planes like yours are exactly what I want to do when I grow up. I can build an aeroplane shape so far but doing anything like that folding undercarriage or even the transparent cockpit are as yet beyond me. I hope you intend to create a little movie for it and will allow us a glimpse.
Cheers, Woody

Glad you like it...! Current status is that the airbrakes are now done, and i've started work on the mapping... Believe me though, once you've started on this kind of stuff you'll never grow up...! When i can i'll post a move of the Uc and brakes...!

Good luck with Maya though, i tried it and couldn't get my head round the interface...!

Zeb