Very light combat helicopter projects?

Thanks Motorcar...do you have more informations about Intora Firebird Helicopter?

Maveric said:
Thanks Motorcar...do you have more informations about Intora Firebird Helicopter?

Almost anything you discuss with intent to keep looking for more information ....!

Motocar said:
... Almost anything you discuss with intent to keep looking for more information ....!

Well, that's in some way the reason for a forum like this one ... ;)

The Intora Firebird was surprisingly hard to track, at least with a quick search. The UK based company
was acquired around 2009 by the Swiss Innosuisse, respectively its rotorcraft branch Swisscopter, the
engines seems to be in the reposnsibility of the Mexican TAM (Tecnologia Aeroespacial Mexicana) now.
They are hydrogen peroxide rocket engines and in the first exampes of that heli, this fuel had a pureness
of around 96%, which could be reduced later to 50%, or at least that was the aim, as that fuel could be a
bit problematic.
Some links about the Intora Firebird and its developments, one of them a German forum thread, sorry:
http://www.peroxidepropulsion.com/news/the-dragonfly-tip-rocket-helicopter-is-flying
http://www.tecaeromex.com/ingles/RH-i.htm
http://www.flugzeugforum.de/threads/48070-Hubschrauber-ohne-Pitch/page2

I'm pretty sure, that I have more info about it, mentioning a naval use (as a drone maybe ?), but still yet
I couldn't find it again. Will keep on with the seach. :-\

With the advent of drones and uav today, there may still be room for small light helicopters equipped with airborne missiles to fight drones and UAV.

With the advent of drones and uav today, there may still be room for small light helicopters equipped with airborne missiles to fight drones and UAV.

True, but wouldn't make more sense to make the anti-drone helicopter also autonomous or remotely-piloted? Why risk human life to shoot down unmanned aircraft?

The Fairey Ultra Light would fit in this category.

6 were built.

fairey-ultra-light-g-aouk-9902793.jpg

The Fairey is interesting in that it's the same weight as the French Sud-Ouest S.O.1221 Djinn and uses a variant of the same French powerplant but has only about 61% of the Djinn's rotor disk area making the Fairey faster but that still seems like an odd choice.

True, but wouldn't make more sense to make the anti-drone helicopter also autonomous or remotely-piloted? Why risk human life to shoot down unmanned aircraft?

Yes, with today's technology, especially with 5G networks, it is possible to use helicopters drones to fight drones.

It should also be mentioned that the Mi-24 Hind with the help of R-60 missiles shot down several jets in local wars in Asia and Central America.

Seen helicopters equipped with a stinger, igla or a mistrel missile can be quite a dangerous opponent against aircraft.

An interesting concept with Fairey Ultra Light something like an air cavalry
for rapid penetration and attack and support of tank and infantry units for the 60s.Either to transport two to three soldiers for evacuation or to transport supplies to some besieged units.

I am curious if the faceted fuselage has some real purpose or is it just for a "cool looking" vehicle? I think that from the manufacturing point of view, there is not any real difference compared to curves.
I know this project. The faceted windshield and windows are by avoid the sun light reflections anywhere. Like other combat helicopters.
(Sorry my english...)

Both Continental Helicopters (USA) and Texas Helicopters modified Bell 47s with narrow cockpits and turbine engines. They tried to sell them as military light attack helicopters, but they ended spraying crops.

Denel XH-1 Alpha and Romanian I.A.R. 316/317 are all based upon the French Alouette III helicopter. Alouette III was one of the first turbine-powered light helicopters and it sold well around the world. France even sold a license to Romania to allow Romania to build their own versions of Alouette III.

Denel XH-1 Alpha and Romanian I.A.R. 316/317 are all based upon the French Alouette III helicopter. Alouette III was one of the first turbine-powered light helicopters and it sold well around the world. France even sold a license to Romania to allow Romania to build their own versions of Alouette III.
yes it's true it's all about french helicopter alouette 3

Сanada SG-VI Grey Gull and my photoshop with ss-11 rocket

Attachments

• sg6-6 ss-11.jpg
    sg6-6 ss-11.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 46
  • sg6-6 ss-11.jpg
    sg6-6 ss-11.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 42
  • sg6-1.jpg
    sg6-1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 41
SNCASO SO.1221 Djinn
Тhe helicopter is french from the 50's and worked with compressed air that is blown into the rotors to achieve rotation no rear stabilizer is needed

Attachments

• SNCASO SO.1221 Djinn.jpg
    SNCASO SO.1221 Djinn.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 38
FWIW, the 'Little Nellie' you-tube is down, account discontinued.

Um, IIRC, UK's Rotodyne was killed as 'Too Noisy', even though the team had figured how to quench the offending 'organ resonance' in those rotors. No, too late, decision's been made, junk the lot...

Societe Nationale de Constructions Aeronautiques du Sud Est (SNCASE)

Attachments

• Societe Nationale de Constructions Aeronautiques du Sud Est (SNCASE).jpg
    Societe Nationale de Constructions Aeronautiques du Sud Est (SNCASE).jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 47