Vertical Take Off Biz Jet

My eyes are bleeding... I'm no engineer obviously, but that thing is aerodynamically UGLY, at so many levels...
- the tail assembly will be an aerodynamic nightmare
- the tails are attached to the rear engine nacelles... not sure it is a good idea (heat ? vibrations ? maintenance ?)
- why the small intake on the cabin roof ?
- what runs the fans ? fairy dust ?

My eyes are bleeding... I'm no engineer obviously, but that thing is aerodynamically UGLY, at so many levels...
- the tail assembly will be an aerodynamic nightmare
- the tails are attached to the rear engine nacelles... not sure it is a good idea (heat ? vibrations ? maintenance ?)
The utterly bizarre windows. Windows in pressurized fuselages are generally geometrically simple for a reason.

Intake on the cabin roof an engine to power the lift fans?
The website says the aircraft is powered by two turboshaft engines. Seems those should be in the nacelles, but maybe not.

The website says the aircraft is powered by two turboshaft engines. Seems those should be in the nacelles, but maybe not.
Video appears to show an exhaust (?) at the end of the fuselage, between the engines. The brochure claims a hybrid propulsion system with emergency power storage, which makes me think electric fans, powered by the an aux engine
with battery backup.

I'd hate to be the structural loads team trying to figure out how to transfer the loads from the horizontal and vertical tail surfaces to the fuselage through the nacelles or cowling...

Video appears to show an exhaust (?) at the end of the fuselage, between the engines. The brochure claims a hybrid propulsion system with emergency power storage, which makes me think electric fans, powered by the an aux engine
with battery backup.

It's a dessert topping *and* a floor wax. Just need to add PV cells to the tops of the wings, wind turbines to the underside, geothermal generators in the landing gear...

The explanation for the strange shape of the windows, and maybe for some other details, too,
perhaps can be found in the page about Collaborations : "Tamir designs improves and pushes modern
technology to its highest ends by integrating design into the real world and pushing technology boundaries
through design."
He's busy on cars, bicycles, several other things and now on aircraft. A reincarnation of Luigi Colani ?

Lets be generous, and assume it works.

its not going to have transatlantic range, so you would still need to change to your Gulfstream 99.

So whats the difference between having the company chopper collect you, and take you to the nearest airport to get on the company Gulfstream?

Obviously 10 will sell, to the billionaires, but after that, whats the plan??

This will go with the crazy idea of Australia ever having nuclear subs, mark my words!

So the project originators/CEO are two Doctors….. Ah not Doc Eng , Medical physicians…uhm? .

They claim their Chief Engineer has experience gained at AIrbus and Boeing development programs, and at aviation giants such as Comair …..wow…. According to his LinkedIn Bio, it’s 18 months of accepting customer concessions (A & B teams)…. And 32 months cabin interior + structural mods (Comair, plus a few others) ….oh….ah.

The company senior management has the same number of lawyers as engineers.

But the do have two experimental test pilots, at least that’s creditable if a little early.

And a graphic artist.

I'd hate to be the structural loads team trying to figure out how to transfer the loads from the horizontal and vertical tail surfaces to the fuselage through the nacelles or cowling...
A-12, SR-71 ;)

018dd218dcf051429705b46617b907f7.jpg

That structure, the nacelle rings and all including the wing, was already quite robust for a variety of reasons.

Compare that abundance of structure with the subsonic Citation's nacelle below which doesn't take those loads. Also features, an easily removable cowling for engine maintenance access, not possible with integrated structures in the Blackbird family.

1253021.jpg

A whole bunch of premium reasons (weight, cost, maintenance access/cost, etc) to avoid that in your VTOL commercial bizjet.

Wow. Just wow. This project might just be my nomination for this year's prestigious "Mystery Jet" award.

Why the Mystery Jet Award? Lookitup!

with battery backup.

So it is fairy dust then?