VEF I-19

Merv_P

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
I came across a very brief description of this Latvian design (c. 1940) on Wikipedia. It looks impressive for its time, but it was never built.

The only detail is "It is sometimes claimed that the Soviet Lavochkin La-5 fighter was based on the I-19 project."

Is there any more information available?

Attachments

• VEF Irbitis  I–19.jpg
    VEF Irbitis I–19.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 340
I came across a very brief description of this Latvian design (c. 1940) on Wikipedia. It looks impressive for its time, but it was never built.

The only detail is "It is sometimes claimed that the Soviet Lavochkin La-5 fighter was based on the I-19 project."
The sentence at the Wikipedia page about the I-19 claiming that the La-5 was based on the I-19 was removed. I found a company drawing and artwork for the I-19 at this link:

The sentence at the Wikipedia page about the I-19 claiming that the La-5 was based on the I-19 was removed. I found a company drawing and artwork for the I-19 at this link:
Well, you still need to have brains, maybe you can lie enough. Well, what is the connection between I-19 and La-5. Gentlemen, buy yourself glasses