Boeing F-15EX/QA and related variants

Sandboxx has just posted a video concerning Boeing retracting its F-15 Mach-3 claim:

Boeing officials recently claimed the F-15EX can reach speeds as high as Mach 2.9, before posting a retraction just days later. The truth is, the top speed of the Eagle II doesn't really matter... This jet still packs an unparalleled degree of performance and combat capability.

Since it's NATO it would SA-21 instead.
Probably. But that's one of the things I can see AI assistance working well in. rough pattern matching to give the pilot a heads up about the expected threat bubble sizes and similar things.

Since jamming has been pretty well automated for at least 20 years now.

Wouldn't that have started with the EF-111A Electric Fox?

Edit: I think that the retirement of the EF-111A in the late 1990s was a very short-sighted decision by the USAF.
I'm not sure how automated the Spark Vark was. I know the EA6 got two extra bodies to handle the workload, but the Spark Vark didn't.

Are the navy EF-18G still available for air force deployment? I have read somewhere they were being withdrawn but not sure if they went ahead with that.

In to the F-15EX instead of using this anomalous non-standard EX suffix why doesn't the DOD just call it the F-15F? F is the next letter after E and it's a greatly updated version of the E.

While the USAF does operate a squadron of them in the 390th Electronic Combat Squadron I'm not sure if they're available for combat operations by the USAF, also it's the EA-18G not EF-18G.
Appologies, my typing fingers smell worse than I do. As for the 'F' designation, nah, far to easy and logical to get by the suits.

While the USAF does operate a squadron of them in the 390th Electronic Combat Squadron I'm not sure if they're available for combat operations by the USAF, also it's the EA-18G not EF-18G.
In 1995, the Office of the Secretary of Defense arranged an agreement with the Navy embedding USAF electronic warfare airmen in Navy EA-6B and now EA-18G squadrons. Currently, The 390th provides logistical expertise and personnel to operate the EA-18G Growler in support of the Joint Airborne Electronic Attack Program.

Specifically, the 390th does not own its own EA-18Gs, it flies Growlers that belong to various USN squadrons:

MOUNTAIN HOME AIR FORCE BASE, Idaho -- Recently, the Air Force Vice Chief of Staff Gen. Stephen W. Wilson visited the 390th Electronic Combat Squadron, a geographically-separated unit of Mountain Home Air Force Base, working out of Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, Wash.

During his visit, Wilson attended an electronic warfare symposium as the key note speaker and later met with members of the 390th ECS to discuss their role and impact on the mission.

Unbeknown to most, there has been an Air Force presence at Whidbey Island for the last 17 years.

The 390th ECS attaches Air Force members to Navy EA-18G Growler squadrons whose mission is airborne electronic attack.

In to the F-15EX instead of using this anomalous non-standard EX suffix why doesn't the DOD just call it the F-15F? F is the next letter after E and it's a greatly updated version of the E.
just like there is a KC-10 and B-21, marketing.

I agree with NMaude about the F-15EX designation, I could not help myself but laugh when I heard that it was going to be the F-15EX I would have thought that the USAF should have called it the F-15F and be done with it.

I agree with NMaude about the F-15EX designation, I could not help myself but laugh when I heard that it was going to be the F-15EX I would have thought that the USAF should have called it the F-15F and be done with it.
"Eagle II" is a greater sin than "EX" to me.

Same thoughts here as well Moose about the Eagle 2 designation. Both are just daft.

Could be worse: Super Eagle

I don't mind that as much, at least it would have been more logical since there had already been a prior-prior Eagle ( the Fisher P-75 ).

But of course they would have paired it with an out-of-sequence MDS such as the C-5M Super Galaxy.

But of course they would have paired it with an out-of-sequence MDS such as the C-5M Super Galaxy.

That one struck me as a very Russian thing to do...

(at least they didn't adopt the ballistic missile convention, else it would've been the C-5UTTKh)