USAF Museum panoramas

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: USAP
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
I recently visited the USAF Museum in Dayton (as well as the Ropkey, SAC and WotR museums) and came away with 5,300 photos and a whole bunch of panoramas. Slowly stitching them together...

Untitled_Panorama-3.jpg

2017-04-18-PANO-3.jpg

2017-04-25-PANO-13.jpg

2017-04-25-PANO-11.jpg

2017-04-25-PANO-06.jpg

Wow, those are really nice pictures.

Was the museum really that empty of visitors, or did you Photoshop them out of existence?

circle-5 said:
Was the museum really that empty of visitors, or did you Photoshop them out of existence?

No Photoshoppery, though some photo tricks. For the best panoramas in the darker hangars, the ISO was turned way down, the F-stop way up. This meant that it took several seconds per exposure. Which meant people walking through were rendered invisible. So as long as people stayed on the move, they didn't show up.

Also: I was there first thing during mid-week. Dashed to Building 4 ahead of the crowds... which at that hours there weren't any. Some time later, though, the buses showed up... buses full of children, buses full of old people. Guess which type was worse for photography. Go on, guess.

Also: the place wasn't exactly jumpin'. Which was fine by me. Weekday prior to summer vacation. Woo.

Is the B-2 an actual B-2, or is it that a full scale mock up?

There goes my productivity for tonight :D

Thanks!

Oh My God
that is spectacular !

If you see the panoramas in detail you see
A komplet Key-hole spy satellite
The Last Titan IV
a Gemini capsule (mock up for Mol or Gemini 2? )
Agena rocket stage
and allot more stuff