USA 2013 "Black Budget" details leaked...

PaulMM (Overscan) said:
edited post to show you.
Thanks. I could have swore there used to be a dialog box that did that without having to remember the formatting....

I remember Quellish saying the NRO budget was funneled through the Air Force black budget. Using these figures to remove those numbers, I guess someone would be able to determine the actual Air Force black budget?

sublight is back said:
I remember Quellish saying the NRO budget was funneled through the Air Force black budget. Using these figures to remove those numbers, I guess someone would be able to determine the actual Air Force black budget?

That isn't true. The NRO budget is combination of CIA and USAF contributions.

Byeman said:
sublight is back said:

That isn't true. The NRO budget is combination of CIA and USAF contributions.

Ok, since the CIA budget numbers are in there too, couldn't it all be used to find the actual Air Force black budget?

sublight is back said:
Ok, since the CIA budget numbers are in there too, couldn't it all be used to find the actual Air Force black budget?

The documents the Washington Post are covering are the intelligence community budget. The USAF budget is DoD.
I am not sure what you are looking for. The DoD budget is public and easily accessible. For example, you can look at the RDT&E summaries here:
http://comptroller.defense.gov/defbudget/fy2013/fy2013_r1.pdf

You will see things like:
9999999999 Classified Programs

Which aggregates some, but not all, of that agency's special access programs. Others may have a designation and public PE code, but the details of the program are special access. These are pretty easy to find:

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22special%20access%20program%22%20site%3Acomptroller.defense.gov&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Or...
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22This%20program%20is%20reported%20in%20accordance%20with%20Title%2010%2C%20United%20States%20Code%2C%20Section%20119(a)(1)%20in%20the%20Special%20Access%20Program%20Annual%20Report%20to%20Congress.%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Though where it starts to get really complicated is when there are reprogramming actions that take money from public program X and insert it into special access program Y.

quellish said:
The documents the Washington Post are covering are the intelligence community budget. The USAF budget is DoD.
I am not sure what you are looking for. The DoD budget is public and easily accessible. For example, you can look at the RDT&E summaries here:

Many moons back I had posted summaries of the Air Force year over year classified budgets, but then you had made the valid point that the NRO gets funded out of that bucket, so there was no way of really quantifying what the actual Air Force black budget was/is. I was thinking this new leaked info would be able to help clarify what the Air Force black budget actually is for a change. But you keep revealing more layers of the onion, and the necessity for a forensic accountant..... :)

sublight is back said:
Many moons back I had posted summaries of the Air Force year over year classified budgets, but then you had made the valid point that the NRO gets funded out of that bucket, so there was no way of really quantifying what the actual Air Force black budget was/is. I was thinking this new leaked info would be able to help clarify what the Air Force black budget actually is for a change. But you keep revealing more layers of the onion, and the necessity for a forensic accountant..... :)

The pieces of the puzzle are spread throughout time and space, and it can take quite a few of them before the big picture is visible.

USAF has a lot of money. It's a lot of work, but you can account for pretty much all of it.