Unknown Kamov designations

Stingray

Resident retro rainbow rotorhead nerdy girl, uwu
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
I recently visited this site about Mil Moscow Helicopter Plant and found some Kamov designations I never heard of:

http://www.mi-helicopter.ru/eng/getarticle.php?id=152

• Ka-9
  • Ka-11
  • Ka-12 multi-purpose nine-seat helicopter
  • Ka-14-1 light multipurpose helicopter
  • Ka-14-2

I'm also curious about this designation as well: Kamov Ka-41.

If anyone has any information on these, perhaps pictures, that would be great.

Thanks. ;D

--Travis

Ka-41 designation was used in the west for the Ka-50 Hokum prior to the real designation being revealed. Its not real.

Regarding the others, how about posting here what the article says about each?

The Paul of the rights.
Ka-12 see here:http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,898.105.html

Okay, thanks. ;D

Regarding the others, how about posting here what the article says about each?

Okay, see here:

Kamov designers developed the following projects at GOSZ No. 3: the Ka-11 which continued the concept of a small single-seat helicopter; the Ka-12 multi-purpose nine-seat helicopter featuring an unusual single-rotor layout with two coaxial anti-torque rotors; the Ka-14-1 light multipurpose coaxial-layout helicopter; and the Ka-14-2 heavy tandem twin-rotor helicopter powered by two Shvetsov ASh-82 engines.

Well, I guess I don't need that much info after all. It would be nice, though, that pictures be provided.

Thanks. ;D

Sure. But you see how that worked? You posted some information. Try it again sometime ;)

I read some more in my International Combat Arms magazine and found that the Ka-50 was also designated Ka-34.

I even found an image, from a website. I could't get the picture from the magazine.

9073.JPG

Found another designation, Ka-17. It used coaxial rotors, and the Ka-8 "Flying Motorcycle" was derived from it. Any additional info or pics? That would be great. Thanks. ;D

Hi to all!
I have found in my archieve so called Statcard about Ka-11. It was project of 2 NK-1 piston engine helicopter with nickname "Baikal"/ Date - 19/12/1947. Somewhere in my folders must be sketch, but I need time to find, sorry.
Main data:
L-10,8 m
B- 6,8 m
H- 3 m
Three blade propeller, diameter 3,6 m
Who needs HR pix - contact directly
Regards

Attachments

• Ka-11-1.jpg
    Ka-11-1.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Ka-11-2.jpg
    Ka-11-2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 73
Hi,

there was two Kamov Ka-12 projects,first Ka-12 powered by one
M-21 as single seat helicopter of 1945,and the second Ka-12 as
a 5-seat light weight helicopter and called Rodina.

Ka-14-1 was a multi-purpose nine-seat helicopter,powered by one
ASH-82 engine.

Ka-14-2 was a troop heavy transport helicopter weight 16 ton
and powered by two ASH-82FN engines.

Ka-16 was a large four-crew transport helicopter,also there is two
anther V-50 projects,first as long range helicopter and the second
was well known.

Ka-60K was also called Ka.65 to used from ship board and Ka-90
was also called Ka.100.

http://www.militaryparitet.com/nomen/russia/avia/data/ic_nomenrussiaavia/38/

ucon when it will be possible to look at a picture or the drawing on helicopter Ka-11 and whether there are what documents under Kamov's early projects.

I believe this is the Kamov Ka-34 heavy lift helicopter (cleverly marked Yellow 34):

Attachments

• Kamov KA-34.jpg
    Kamov KA-34.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 58
circle-5 said:
I believe this is the Kamov Ka-34 heavy lift helicopter (cleverly marked Yellow 34):

It is.

Attachments

• Ka-34 model.jpg
    Ka-34 model.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 48
circle-5 said:

You got it, except that earlier on I had referred to the designation alternatively being applied to the Ka-50 as reported in ICA magazine (re-use of designation or such, because I had actually known of the heavy-lift compound design already). Of course, me not being very attentive back then, I had not realized it was a simple reporting mistake. ::)