Unidentified LTV Space Concepts

Bill S

ACCESS: Top Secret
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Found these in the Vought Archives.
Please share if you know anything about any of them.
Your information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

bill

Attachments

• Dynamic-crew-procedures-simulator.jpg
    Dynamic-crew-procedures-simulator.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 665
  • LTV-UNKN-1.jpg
    LTV-UNKN-1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 655
  • LTV-UNKN-2.jpg
    LTV-UNKN-2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 637
  • LTV-UNKN-3.jpg
    LTV-UNKN-3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 601
  • LTV-UNKN-4.jpg
    LTV-UNKN-4.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 587
  • LTV-UNKN-5.jpg
    LTV-UNKN-5.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 51
Grey Havoc said:
LTV-UNKN-4 appears to be a ion engine concept.

Nope, it rather looks like some reconeissance satellite.
The object axially hosted it is a sort of camera with two reels of film inside it.

Probably Blackstar would answer better to that question....

archipeppe said:
Grey Havoc said:

The object axially hosted it is a sort of camera with two reels of film inside it.

Yeah, it is definitely a reconnaissance concept, but not anything I am familiar with.

2 and 3 both have booms. Usually these were included if the spacecraft was supposed to carry a nuclear reactor. 2 looks like it could be some kind of ion propelled craft, and 3 looks like it might be a space station (although I don't see any windows).

blackstar said:
archipeppe said:
Grey Havoc said:

Yeah, it is definitely a reconnaissance concept, but not anything I am familiar with.

2 and 3 both have booms. Usually these were included if the spacecraft was supposed to carry a nuclear reactor. 2 looks like it could be some kind of ion propelled craft, and 3 looks like it might be a space station (although I don't see any windows).

You could well be right, although if that's the case, it doesn't look like it was intended as a long endurance design. Quick reaction/surprise sortie concept, would you think, optimised for an orbit or three?

Grey Havoc said:
You could well be right, although if that's the case, it doesn't look like it was intended as a long endurance design. Quick reaction/surprise sortie concept, would you think, optimised for an orbit or three?

You're referring to the reconnaissance satellite, I presume.

I don't think this refers to any actual "design," but is simply intended to be notional. It's possible that some company official went to the artist and said "Draw up some pictures of the following for us to use in our promotional brochures..."

Sometimes artists work from blueprints and extensive documentation, and sometimes they're just working from somebody's vague idea, or even their own vague idea, of what something is supposed to look like.

Turns out #5 is the LTV Manned Aerospace Flight Simulator

Still looking for info on the others and am close to having answers to share.

#1 is MALLAR (Manned Lunar Launch And Return) Modular Vehicle

#3 Is OLO (Orbital Launch Operations)
So far nothing more than the name.