Two US hostages freed in Yemen

seruriermarshal

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Two US hostages freed in Yemen 16 Octubre 2016 Diario Catolico

Two US citizens held by Houthi rebels in Yemen have been released and flown to neighbouring Oman, the US says.

The state-run Oman News Agency said two Americans "held" in Yemen were released and flown to the sultanate following negotiations between Omani officials and "Yemeni authorities" in the capital, Sanaa, which is controlled by the Houthis and their allies.

Also Saturday, the Houthis' official.

Kerry said the USA has been working on such efforts for the past few days, alongside a push for a cease-fire in Yemen that would allow the country's internationally recognized government and the Iran-backed Houthis to return to negotiations.

At least 140 people were killed, a lot of them civilians.

Two American citizens detained by Houthi rebels in Yemen have been released in Oman as part of an agreement negotiated by the State Department. On September 20, a U.S. citizen who ran an English-language school in Sanaa was detained by men who said they were security officers working for the Huthis, witnesses said at the time.

The U.S. State Department expressed gratitude to the Omani government for facilitating the release and recognised the action as a "humanitarian gesture" by the Houthis, the northern Yemeni armed group that seized control of the capital Sanaa in 2014.

More than 6,800 people have been killed since March 2015, the majority in air strikes by a Saudi-led multinational coalition that backs the president against the Houthi rebels. A rebel leader later said the United States national was detained for providing the Saudi-led coalition with target coordinates for its deadly campaign against the Iran-backed Huthis. Diario Catolico

http://diariocatolico.net/2016/10/16/two-us-hostages-freed-in-yemen.html

Why do I get the feeling here that a rather large ransom was paid? Or am I getting too cynical these days?

Grey Havoc said:
Why do I get the feeling here that a rather large ransom was paid? Or am I getting too cynical these days?

Any C-17s full of money land in Yemen? Since Iran, I'm sure US hostage taking will be booming business.