Treutnter Helicopter

In this site , the country can be read after the " C " , here C : D means Country : Deutschland .(Germany)
You have often C: SU too , that means Soviet Union etc ...

Hi Hesham :)
The heli is from (West) Germany. I have seen the spelling of the name as Treutner and as Treuter. I understand Klaus Treutner/Treuter was from Berlin.
The only info I have:
completed around 1971, but unsure the heli was really flown.
Rotor diameter 27.559ft and length 7.218ft.
This is the only photo I have.

Attachments

• Treutner heli.jpg
    Treutner heli.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 104
Thank you my dears Richard and Walter.

Hi Hesham :)
The heli is from (West) Germany. I have seen the spelling of the name as Treutner and as Treuter. I understand Klaus Treutner/Treuter was from Berlin.
The only info I have:
completed around 1971, but unsure the heli was really flown.
Rotor diameter 27.559ft and length 7.218ft.
This is the only photo I have.
The guy’s name is/was Klaus Treuter. In 1971 he lived in Berlin. It was then that his construction – actually: two constructions, as is stated in the article below – made headlines.

Translation from the February 26, 1971 article:

„Geniuses sometimes blossom in secret. This was the experience of police officers and two American officers yesterday in the backyard of the property at Bülowstraße 90 in Schöneberg. Listen and be amazed: in front of them stood two complete helicopters – designed and built by talented amateur hands.

To understand the strange story, you need to know: 35-year-old Klaus Treuter from Schöneberg is an enthusiastic hobbyist. Fascinated by flying and a member of a pilot association, he has been building flying objects for 13 years. Last year, he proudly showed his flying rotor glider at the International Boat and Leisure Show. Self-built. It was precisely this model and its little brother – a complete helicopter – that officials from the building inspectorate stumbled upon on Thursday. They discovered the 'air whisks' during a garage inspection – and reported them to the police.

Twelve hours later – yesterday at noon – a police officer appeared and examined the objects. A little later, even police chief Hübner showed up to see the strange discovery for himself. Afterwards, several police officers from the fifth police station arrived. And – to complete the round – they were joined by two American officers. Because – according to the regulations – the Allies had to be informed of this remarkable find.

The so internationally assembled state authorities came to the conclusion: Klaus Treuter had violated paragraph 43 of the Control Council Law. According to this, the manufacture or possession of aircrafts is prohibited. In the late evening hours, the corpus delicti was transported away on a truck to a hidden location. Klaus Treuter – a master knitter by profession - took the elaborate action calmly, if annoyed. His comment: Now I'll have to get a lawyer.”

Attachments

• 710226_BZ_.jpg
    710226_BZ_.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: