Tornado hits NMUSAF

TimothyC

Arnie Holmes
Reaction score
I was woken up this morning by tornado sirens, and it turned out that one of the storms managed to hit one of the storage hangars for NMUSAF.

It looks like most of the damage is to the structure itself, and the aircraft that were parked outside - a T-33, an F-104, and another aircraft that I can't identify:
Official Flickr album.

Attachments

• 53557850506_cb2eeaf322_k.jpg
    53557850506_cb2eeaf322_k.jpg
    686.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 53558186839_f569bce2f0_k.jpg
    53558186839_f569bce2f0_k.jpg
    971.3 KB · Views: 20
I believe the third aircraft is an A-26. I've heard that the aircraft sitting outside were all old gate guards, ate up with corrosion. The aircraft in the hanger are apparently fine for the most part. The restoration hanger with Swoose was unaffected. But thats only what i've seen reported so far.

I believe the third aircraft is an A-26. I've heard that the aircraft sitting outside were all old gate guards, ate up with corrosion. The aircraft in the hanger are apparently fine for the most part. The restoration hanger with Swoose was unaffected. But thats only what i've seen reported so far.
I hope that's true but I also hope they restore those planes...

Which would be same album linked in original post:
Yesterday at 17:25
I was woken up this morning by tornado sirens, and it turned out that one of the storms managed to hit one of the storage hangars for NMUSAF.
It looks like most of the damage is to the structure itself, and the aircraft that were parked outside - a T-33, an F-104, and another aircraft that I can't identify:
Official Flickr album.