The STARGAZER website on all things Rutan... and then some!

Stargazer

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
My dear forum friends,

As you may or may not know, I have created a website called STARGAZER devoted to Burt Rutan and Scaled Composites aircraft, but also to all the various projects, designs and contributions of the Rutan team in other fields. The site was launched in 2006 and never got a real uphaul since then... until now.

I'm currently working on the 2.0 version of STARGAZER. This includes:
  • Optimized interface for better adaptation to the various screen sizes.
  • New visual "theme" to make the site less dark looking and hopefully more pleasant aesthetically.
  • Revised news page with more links to current web pages and files.
  • The addition of new types such as the Northrop Grumman Firebird, the Stratolaunch Roc, the Bird Symmetry and several others.
  • The addition of old types that had been overlooked or insufficiently documented.
  • The addition of new pictures to most of the existing pages.
  • The update of the models list with the latest available information.
  • The possibility to see large versions of some of the pictures in a new window.
  • The addition of new reference material such as old articles from magazines or PDF files.
If you have never visited STARGAZER, please wait until the new version is ready, which should be late in August or early September.
And if you already know the site, feel free to send me any requests/suggestions that I could still incorporate until then to make the site even better!

Thanks to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, great web site. Do you happen to know how much the carbon composite aeroshell on the DC-X weighed, to get an idea of how much weight it would add to a basic cylindrical rocket to add an aeroshell?
Also, do you the weights of the components of the oblique wing aircraft the Ames-Dryden-1(AD-1) such as for the wing and fuselage? The AD-1 had a remarkably low empty weight at only 658 kg for a twin-engine jet.

Bob Clark