The Right Stuff (TV series 2020)

fightingirish

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
The Right Stuff is an upcoming American drama television series, which is based on the 1979 book of the same name by Tom Wolfe. It is set to premiere at the streaming service Disney+ on October 9th, 2020.
First trailer:
View: https://youtu.be/Og0htvEVqJQ

This series might be good.:)
But the film from 1983 was and is still great. :D
And the book from 1979 is one of my all time favorite. :cool:

Hmmm... Mercury Atlas in flight, low altitude, no Launch Escape Tower? 0:47.

Hmmm... Mercury Atlas in flight, low altitude, no Launch Escape Tower? 0:47.

1: Unmanned test launch that kerplodes (1:33)?
2: Nightmare by one of the Mercury wives (1:34)?
3: Unfinished CG shot, to be completed by airing?
4: Unfinished CG shot, just lazy?

taking-all-bets-i-also-offer-video-poker.jpg

Hope you dont mind this bit of nostalgia. Back in 1963 (I was just turned 8) a family friend in West Germany sent us a Christmas parcel (I learnt later this was usually done for relatives in East Germany so Britain and Germany have not changed much in nearly 60years). My part of the parcel was a big orange box containing an 18inch long truck/trailer carrying an Atlas missile and Mercury missile.
I still have the toy minus its fragile box but Ebay provides these photos. It got me hooked on space stuff which I have collected ever since. It is a toy so the TEL is fictional but its still a nice Atlas with detachable Mercury capsule.

Attachments

• Siku-Plastik-V179-Raketentransporter-mit-Atlasrakete-und-Mercury-Kapsel-_1.jpg
    Siku-Plastik-V179-Raketentransporter-mit-Atlasrakete-und-Mercury-Kapsel-_1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 18
  • vintage-rocket-transporter-atlas_1_5c05f6a69ee58cb18e5dca6adb094fb4 (1).jpg
    vintage-rocket-transporter-atlas_1_5c05f6a69ee58cb18e5dca6adb094fb4 (1).jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 20
  • vintage-rocket-transporter-atlas_1_5c05f6a69ee58cb18e5dca6adb094fb4.jpg
    vintage-rocket-transporter-atlas_1_5c05f6a69ee58cb18e5dca6adb094fb4.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 18
Imagine a crossover between the two series - For all mankind and The right stuff...

For all kind men, who have the right stuff. :p

while you are waiting try a bit of 1967 space drama here.
I suggest getting your favourite childhood tipple and snack to hand while you read

Sorry folks,
unfortunately I can not recommend this new series, even after seeing just the first two episodes via VPN on Disney+. :(
This is just a not so convincing rehash of the original movie "The Right Stuff" and the TV series "From the Earth to the Moon", added with more fictional bits and drama like the moral rivalry between the two characters, the "boy-scout" Glenn and the "womanizer" Shepard.

Sorry folks,
unfortunately I can not recommend this new series, even after seeing just the first two episodes via VPN on Disney+. :(
This is just a not so convincing rehash of the original movie "The Right Stuff" and the TV series "From the Earth to the Moon", added with more fictional bits and drama like the moral rivalry between the two characters, the "boy-scout" Glenn and the "womanizer" Shepard.

You had more fortitude than my wife and I. We bailed about 30 minutes into the first episode because it was just boring. The Right Stuff actually needs to show people having the Right Stuff.

you know, I think that was really well said. this show lacked anyone with the right stuff - from the producers to the directors to the actors. clearly this show was something that didn't need to be made.