The Dark Age of Tanks - Britain's Lost Armour 1945 - 1970

Ed however does have a youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCIgjPAYn253oyWLsYgiHDw/videos
Which covers a lot of British armour development.
Thanks for this link!
Very interesting - I just finished to watch story about NACT X amphibian, and it's very promising!
Could I recommend to complement these articles with British Pathe short videos about fighting vehicles?

British Pathe are notorious. They'll copyright strike you if you include even a mere whiff of their footage. They're also insanely expensive to licence even stills from. So I'm staying well away from them.

British Pathe are notorious. They'll copyright strike you if you include even a mere whiff of their footage. They're also insanely expensive to licence even stills from. So I'm staying well away from them.
Thanks for clarification!
I don't want to promote this company' pricing and licensing. IMHO, the huge selection of their' videos could entertains persons (at least, amateurs in AFV, like me) and show not only the military vehicles, missiles or aircraft - but the mood of corresponding time. A kind of Time Machine, isn't it :cool:

Thanks for clarification!
I don't want to promote this company' pricing and licensing. IMHO, the huge selection of their' videos could entertains persons (at least, amateurs in AFV, like me) and show not only the military vehicles, missiles or aircraft - but the mood of corresponding time. A kind of Time Machine, isn't it :cool:

Aye it is useful, and good like that. But its very easy to get burned, so most people avoid it, which limits its spread.
Of course they're a business, and here's how they make cash, so its hard to criticize too much. But it does mean the small time one man band historian will avoid.

Listy, I have made a start on your book and have hit an item that I have been curious about for years the FV212 Assault Personnel Carrier. Do you have information on it's layout, was it a design along the lines of the wartime Kangaroos or was it a layout along the lines of a 'modern' APC. I initial thought it would be a Kangaroo but after seeing the mock up of the 183mm anti tank variant with the mid mounted engine thought it may have been the conventional layout. However you have said that it was to be based on the ARV variant which suggest to me that it would be a Kangaroo, unless it was in a forward ramp variant similar to the LCVP6.

I look forward to your response as this is an itch I have been trying to scratch for years.

Regards.

Listy, I have made a start on your book and have hit an item that I have been curious about for years the FV212 Assault Personnel Carrier. Do you have information on it's layout, was it a design along the lines of the wartime Kangaroos or was it a layout along the lines of a 'modern' APC. I initial thought it would be a Kangaroo but after seeing the mock up of the 183mm anti tank variant with the mid mounted engine thought it may have been the conventional layout. However you have said that it was to be based on the ARV variant which suggest to me that it would be a Kangaroo, unless it was in a forward ramp variant similar to the LCVP6.

I look forward to your response as this is an itch I have been trying to scratch for years.

Regards.

There is very very little on the FV212. The description says it has the same layout (and IIRC basic hull/superstructure) as the AVRE(L). So that's engine rear. Think of it like an Fv222 ARV as far as I can tell.