• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

The D B Cooper Case

Flyaway

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
Always found this an interesting case, and this new video documentary got recommended to me on You Tube. One useful thing is it lists the various suspects towards the end.

riggerrob

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
D B Cooper has been discussed a million times on www.dropzone.com. Some contributors were skydiving in Washington back when Mr. Cooper made his famous leap.

Archibald

Reaction score
He left a tie in the airliner. On which titanium dust was found. In 1971 Seattle this meant Cooper worked either on TV sets or... Boeing SST.

galgot

Reaction score
Website
galgot.com
Always liked this story. The more you think about, it's hard to beleive he made it to the ground alive, or in good enough shape to walk through the wilderness zone in which he is suppose to have landed. And if he died there, it's impossible to find a body.
The funny stuff are these bank notes found much later (1981?), on a river bank, but upstream from the zone they estimate he landed. So either they were completely wrong in their estimation of the landing zone, or he did survived , at least to have enough time, to burry the cash somewere, and that money was later taken away by the river...
I think there was a film done after D.Cooper story.

Flyaway

Reaction score
Always liked this story. The more you think about, it's hard to beleive he made it to the ground alive, or in good enough shape to walk through the wilderness zone in which he is suppose to have landed. And if he died there, it's impossible to find a body.
The funny stuff are these bank notes found much later (1981?), on a river bank, but upstream from the zone they estimate he landed. So either they were completely wrong in their estimation of the landing zone, or he did survived , at least to have enough time, to burry the cash somewere, and that money was later taken away by the river...
I think there was a film done after D.Cooper story.
I always used to believe that the general thinking was he didn’t survive the fall or didn’t survive long afterwards. But in more recent times people seem more willing to entertain the idea that he did survive. In fact a lot of the proposed suspects are people who died long afterwards.

Wyvern

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
It is an interesting case, maybe one day, we will find out the truth about this case, but for now, it provides us with something to entertain us during these times of boredom.