• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

The Big Box of Awesome

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Top Contributor
Senior Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
7,909
Reaction score
1,141
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
Yesterday a box showed up on my doorstep. I have been allowed to borrow a number of large-format drawings to copy/scan. Didn;t really know what I'd get... I figured a dozen, two dozen drawings tops. Hoo boy, was I wrong. Here's a sample:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6113.JPG
    IMG_6113.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 171
  • Img_6121.jpg
    Img_6121.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 148
  • Img_6119.jpg
    Img_6119.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Img_6118.jpg
    Img_6118.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Img_6117.jpg
    Img_6117.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 266
  • Img_6116.jpg
    Img_6116.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 309
  • Img_6115.jpg
    Img_6115.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 259
  • Img_6114.jpg
    Img_6114.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 266

Sundog

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
2,820
Reaction score
266
That's an excellent print of the Boeing STOL Transport design. I definitely like the B-45 drawings as well.
 

Just call me Ray

ACCESS: Top Secret
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
676
Reaction score
10
Uh, I see a problem there. The lift co-efficient during STOL operations is going to be completely and totally ruined by that large furry cat hanging off the wing like that :D
 

sferrin

ACCESS: USAP
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
13,389
Reaction score
1,432
Orionblamblam said:
overscan said:
North American / Rockwell perchance? ;D

Mostly NA and Boeing. Enough C-17 drawings to build the damned thing. A plethora of F-107, B-45 and Grumman Greyhound drawings.

Anything in there on the F-108 or WS300A? Navaho? Hound Dog?
 

Michel Van

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
4,654
Reaction score
683
Just call me Ray said:
Uh, I see a problem there. The lift co-efficient during STOL operations is going to be completely and totally ruined by that large furry cat hanging off the wing like that :D

way not ! that a wounder full biological Paperweight ;D

do i see right in Img_6118.jpg ?
Rockwell OV-10 with 4 engine !
 

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Top Contributor
Senior Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
7,909
Reaction score
1,141
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
Just call me Ray said:
Uh, I see a problem there. The lift co-efficient during STOL operations is going to be completely and totally ruined by that large furry cat hanging off the wing like that :D

Yeah. That's "Tak." A cat my neighbors dumped off on me a few months ago. Cross-eyed uncivilized little critter.
 

AeroFranz

ACCESS: Top Secret
Senior Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
161
Holy Cow!

img-6116 looks like the Boeing ATT "Super Lobster". it used to be "Super Frog", but then they put a tail on it :)
Does it say "Blaine Rawdon" on the bottom right box by any chance?
I think he was the guy involved in the design. He also came up with the huge Pelican container plane/ wing in ground effect.
 

CFE

ACCESS: Secret
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
259
Reaction score
3
Orionblamblam said:
Yeah. That's "Tak." A cat my neighbors dumped off on me a few months ago. Cross-eyed uncivilized little critter.

You need to discipline your Mister Kitty. Bad kitty! That's my box of awesomeness!
 

sferrin

ACCESS: USAP
Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
13,389
Reaction score
1,432
CFE said:
Orionblamblam said:
Yeah. That's "Tak." A cat my neighbors dumped off on me a few months ago. Cross-eyed uncivilized little critter.

You need to discipline your Mister Kitty. Bad kitty! That's my box of awesomeness!

good luck :) Anybody who has a cat knows if there's paper spread out and you're looking at it it's going to have a cat in the middle of it eventually. ;D
 

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Top Contributor
Senior Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
7,909
Reaction score
1,141
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
sferrin said:
Anybody who has a cat knows if there's paper spread out and you're looking at it it's going to have a cat in the middle of it eventually. ;D

And in this case, "eventually" was a time span measured in microseconds. My other cats have gotten used to the idea that The Food Monster will become annoyed at paper-claiming, but Tak is new.
 

OM

ACCESS: Top Secret
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
753
Reaction score
12
Website
www.io.com
Orionblamblam said:
Yesterday a box showed up on my doorstep. I have been allowed to borrow a number of large-format drawings to copy/scan. Didn;t really know what I'd get... I figured a dozen, two dozen drawings tops. Hoo boy, was I wrong. Here's a sample:

...And you let the cat crawl all over them. Lowther, you never cease to amaze me after all these years.

[Where's Pat when you need him?]
 

Orionblamblam

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Top Contributor
Senior Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
7,909
Reaction score
1,141
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
OM said:
...And you let the cat crawl all over them.

Wasn't a matter of "let" so much as "unable to stop."


FYI: The first of these are about ready to be made available. What with moving and jobs and a whole lot of cleanup, they took longer'n expected, but they look pretty good.

NOTE: SST/XV-5 drawings were not from the Box of Awesome.
 

Attachments

  • 65A10487a.jpg
    65A10487a.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 65A10488a.jpg
    65A10488a.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 141
  • xv5aa.jpg
    xv5aa.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 163
  • XFV-12a.jpg
    XFV-12a.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 159
  • PD171-701a.jpg
    PD171-701a.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 176

Similar threads

Top