System 9-A-7660 Kinzhal - 9-S-7760 missile (Article 292) / AS-24 KILLJOY

Fighterbomber telegram channel said they indeed launch new weapon, but people can't mention the name (including the Fighterbomber himself). So in his opinion "Kinzhal" name is used as placeholder.
Maybe it was new smaller missile with similar characteristic, but who know

Another TASS trustful source told you so?
So why crew 'was nominated with state awards' then?
I'd also suggest someone to try to place Kinzhal on Su-34 C/L hardpoints in any CAD...
There were no explosions anywhere except the Izmail area, which was the result of 30+ drones, in the last 24 hours according to Livemap.

Why have you decided it did happen in the last 24 hours?
Because it was indicated on Livemap within the last 24 hours. If you can suggest where you think it hit please do so.

Fighterbomber telegram channel said they indeed launch new weapon, but people can't mention the name (including the Fighterbomber himself). So in his opinion "Kinzhal" name is used as placeholder.
Maybe it was new smaller missile with similar characteristic, but who know
Hindustan Crimes is also reporting it as a Kinzhal within last 24 hours. It also references the drone strike on Izmail, but makes no mention of where the Kinzhal is supposed to have landed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6SLv8wFliw

Because it was indicated on Livemap within the last 24 hours. If you can suggest where you think it hit please do so.
Where in original TASS piece do you see the event timeframe?
View: https://twitter.com/tassagency_en/status/1698517519470895407

Mentioning Hindustan Times as independent confirmation ...are you kidding?

Where in original TASS piece do you see the event timeframe?
View: https://twitter.com/tassagency_en/status/1698517519470895407

Mentioning Hindustan Times as another first-hand source ...are you kidding?
Well there is a date at the bottom of both that tweet and the telegram. Coverage by most parties has been hourly, otherwise it's not really news.

Why use the Flanker? I doubt they have so many Kinzhals laying around that the available MiG-31s can't handle them, and you'd get more range from the higher launch altitude/speed form the Foxhound.

Agree with the above. It seems very impractical, given the existing dedicated launch platforms and difficulties mounting such an oversized store on the Su-34. It isn’t like there are an over abundance of this rocket type such that additional carriers were needed. Seems more likely the information is inaccurate in some way.

Why use the Flanker? I doubt they have so many Kinzhals laying around that the available MiG-31s can't handle them, and you'd get more range from the higher launch altitude/speed form the Foxhound.
Suppose it is like most technical organizations in that we love gathering extra data points. "Why? Because it was there like Everest. And now we know."

Also, there may be foreseeable circumstances that there might arise availability issues with the Foxhound fleet flying so many hours and having a more strategically important role in and out of theatre. Doesn't even have to be maintenance problems. Just not having enough airframes to go around. Only a handful have received the Kinzhal modification, reportedly, and how many do you want to semi-permanently remove from the ADF role and turn into a fairly limited ballistic missile carrier? Aren't the Foxhounds an interim solution themselves waiting for Tu-160's to get modernized?

Russia doesn't currently seem to be in a situation where arbitrary resource use would be advisable. We'll see what further information developes.

Only a handful have received the Kinzhal modification, reportedly, and how many do you want to semi-permanently remove from the ADF role and turn into a fairly limited ballistic missile carrier? Aren't the Foxhounds an interim solution themselves waiting for Tu-160's to get modernized?

None of the Kinzhal MiG-31s were converted from modernized MiG-31s (BM version?), from my understanding. The missile carriers were unmodernized storage MiG-31s with the A2A system stripped out. As such there are plenty to use for further conversions if necessary; the actual modernized MiG-31 fleet does not contribute to the air launched ballistic missile fleet.

I had heard that Tu-22M3 was to also get Kinzhal but I've seen no documented cases of conversion. I consider Tu-160 an extremely unlikely launch platform because it would involve internal carriage.

First combat use of the "Kinzhal" has been implemented by the crew of сolonel Stefanov sometime during SMO. Not yesterday and even not a week but maybe month or two ago.

Attachments

• Снимок.JPG
    Снимок.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Perhaps one reason the Su-34 is being looked at as a launcher for the AS-24 is that it's still in production while the MiG-31 has been out of production for over 30 years and there's only a limited number of airframes available.

First combat use of the "Kinzhal" has been implemented by the crew of сolonel Stefanov sometime during SMO. Not yesterday and even not a week but maybe month or two ago.
Turns out it is a misinformation, about Kinzhal integration on Su-34.

G-translated post from the LostArmour forum.

Mihas-Migel
Pancho Villa

1 hour ago

Stefanov M.A. serves in Akhtubinsk, an employee of the GLITs, head (!) of 267 lits, Deputy head of 929 glits, worked in the Mig-31K with Dagger and Su-57. He received the Hero of Russia in December 2022 ....
There are more questions for the scribblers of this poster ... "(C)

Another TASS trustful source told you so?
So why crew 'was nominated with state awards' then?
I'd also suggest someone to try to place Kinzhal on Su-34 C/L hardpoints in any CAD...
Just from seeing one under a MiG-31 makes it look like you'd need a long pylon to get the Kinzhal to just clear both engine nacelles, and then you need to worry about scraping the Kinzhal on the ground!

I was led to believe that the Kinzhal was anti-ship capable, guess not if this is a new thing.

Russian propaganda would have you that the AS-24 Killjoy is this shit brand new unbeatable hypersonic missile when in reality it's just an air launched version of the SS-26 SRBM (Developed by the Soviets just prior to the USSR's collapse) and it can be shot-down as the Ukrainians have done with PAC3s.

Too much propaganda from all sides to make assumptions. Ruskies have a penchant for hyperbole but usually if a stated goal of a weapon has been clearly defined by them it would be wise to assume it indeed can accomplish such a mission. Or at least the missile passed state tests along those parameters. Also sometimes a weapon system is brought in early before all it's capabilities are fleshed out. This is common when other aspects of the weapon system are not yet available. Could be certain aspects about the missile that is lacking or the platform or target designating systems are not ready yet.

Or it could indeed be propaganda. This is a possibility especially during heated times such as we are in.