Spaced-Based Defense Question / Nikola Tesla

KJ_Lesnick

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
I'm obviously trying my best not to sound like a kook, and I do have obvious reason to be skeptical about this as well (I'm not really even sure if I believe it, but I feel I should ask anyway)

I remember hearing about a claim that technology which Nikola Tesla conceived was developed by a bunch of nations including the Soviet Union, which allegedly had a satellite based particle-beam projection / space-defense system akin to Star Wars by 1968.

As I said, I have doubts as to this statement myself (for the simple reason that I figure the Russians would have nuked us and used this system to protect themselves if they had it; they also wouldn't have needed to develop an ABM system during the 1970's), but nonetheless did such technology exist?

I have heard several sources, but the only sources which I can actually cite are these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTiiblwwLPk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXfWbEiTLII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgkeP0CappU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25eLbJs4jq8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tziqNzFxarU

These URL's might obviously be questionable. I hope nobody gets bent out of shape or anything by this question, and if it really bothers the moderators, just delete the message.

KJ Lesnick

Actually here is something interesting from a recent Physics Today article -

In 1987 the US and the Soviet Union signed the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, in which they agreed to eliminate all missiles with ranges of 625–3500 miles (1000–5600 km) by June 1991. Iridescent spheres appeared above the atmosphere off Scandinavia and northern China in 1988. One example provided by Danny Stillman is shown here. Such domes expanded very rapidly, at around 3 km/s, with the centers remaining quite transparent. They stopped appearing in mid-1991. Could the light domes have been related to testing a defense system against incoming missiles? Could they result from self-destruct mechanisms on the missiles? To this day the origins of the domes of light are classified top secret in Russia. Outsiders know only two things for certain: The dome phenomena happened, and no one in the West really knows why.
http://ptonline.aip.org/journals/doc/PHTOAD-ft/vol_61/iss_9/47_1.shtml

Scalar weapons are a fascinating area , provided they exist of course ;D. However that very interesting Czysz interview that flateric had posted in the bar talks about a Russian scientist who beamed energy between two places on earth via a satellite in space with a loss of only some 20 percent. who knows...

Attachments

• 47_1box1fig1.jpg
    47_1box1fig1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 105
Actually here is something interesting from a recent Physics Today article -

Iridescent spheres appeared above the atmosphere off Scandinavia and northern China in 1988. One example provided by Danny Stillman is shown here. Such domes expanded very rapidly, at around 3 km/s, with the centers remaining quite transparent. They stopped appearing in mid-1991. Could the light domes have been related to testing a defense system against incoming missiles? Could they result from self-destruct mechanisms on the missiles? To this day the origins of the domes of light are classified top secret in Russia. Outsiders know only two things for certain: The dome phenomena happened, and no one in the West really knows why.
http://ptonline.aip.org/journals/doc/PHTOAD-ft/vol_61/iss_9/47_1.shtml

Fascinating...

Scalar weapons are a fascinating area , provided they exist of course ;D. However that very interesting Czysz interview that flateric had posted in the bar talks about a Russian scientist who beamed energy between two places on earth via a satellite in space with a loss of only some 20 percent. who knows...

Just to be absolutely clear -- You mean sent energy up into space to the satellite, which then sent it to another location on earth via the ionosphere?

KJ Lesnick

Yep. Interestingly however the altitude of the satellite is not mentioned.

basically the use of a scalar wave transmitter. In any case Scalar wave domain ;)is generally between the earth and the ionosphere .
Take a look at Schumann resonance

http://www.oulu.fi/~spaceweb/textbook/schumann.html

Now once uppon a time, I hear a senior Russian scientist claim they had technology for a plasma weapon, kept energetic by microwaves. Central to my memory and THAT PICTURE, shown, is he talked of this being a torus "like a smoke ring".

if it is indeed a DEW then it would need a pretty large source of power to create a ring of that size.

Plasma weapons

The Radio Instrument Building Research Institute under the supervision of Academician A. Avramenko developed a plasma weapon capable of killing any target at altitudes of up to 50 kilometers. Engineers and scientists of the institute in cooperation with the National Research Institute of Experimental Physics (Arzamas-16), Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute, and Central Machine Building Research Institute prepared a concept of the international experiment Doverie (Trust) for testing of the Russian plasma weapon at the American ABM testing ground in the Pacific Ocean together with the US. The cost of the experiment was estimated at $300 million. According to Academician Avramenko, the plasma antimissile weapon would not only cost tens times less than the American SDI, but would also be much simpler in development and operation. The offered joint project could save expenditures on development of its own plasma weapon for the US. The plasmoid based on the energy of ground super-high frequency generators or laser (optical) generators creates an ionized territory in the trajectory of a warhead and in front of it, and completely disrupts the aerodynamics of the object's flight, after which a target leaves its trajectory and is ruined by monstrous overloads. The killing effect is delivered to the target at the speed of light. [..]

For practical purposes plasma weapons have already been created in Russia. Their action is based on focusing beams of electromagnetic energy produced by laser or microwave radiation into the upper layers of the atmosphere. These beams would be able to defeat any target flying at supersonic or near-sonic speeds in the near future. A cloud of highly ionized air arises at the focus of the laser or microwave rays, at an altitude of up to 50 kilometers. Upon entering it, any object--a missile, an airplane, is deflected from its trajectory and disintegrates in response to the fantastic overloads arising due to the abrupt pressure difference between the surface and interior of the flying body. What is fundamental in this case is that the energy aimed by the terrestrial components of the plasma weapon--lasers and antennas--is concentrated not at the target itself but a little ahead of it. Rather than "incinerating" the missile or airplane, it "bumps" it out of trajectory.

The press reported in very considerable detail on the April 1993 meeting of the presidents of the USA and Russia in Vancouver. But one thing remains not entirely clear: Had Boris Yeltsin proposed to his American friend the idea of carrying out the major experiment "Doveriye" ("Trust") in the vicinity of Kwajelein Atoll, initiating a joint effort to create a global antimissile defense system. It was not until summer of that year that 21ST CENTURY SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, the well-informed journal of the American military-industrial complex, finally informed us that there had in fact been a conversation on this topic between the presidents. What did the politicians talk about? What kind of experiment is this?

Academician Ramiliy Avramenko, the chief designer of the Scientific Research Institute of Radio Instrument Making and the scientific director of the efforts to create plasma weapons in Russia, feels his brainchild--the plasmoid--to be invulnerable. Besides that, in his opinion plasma ABM weapons will not only cost several orders of magnitude less than SDI, but will also be many times simpler to create and control.

A plasmoid has a dual purpose. Such a unit can be used to "patch" ozone holes in the atmosphere, and to knock space garbage out of orbit.

According to dependable information our scientific proving ground has already conducted tests in which a projectile flying through plasma discharges was deflected from its normal trajectory and self-destructed.

Tests on a Russian plasma weapon run jointly with the USA against real targets--ballistic missiles and supersonic airplanes--were initiated by Russia's most prominent scientists--Nobel Prize recipient and creator of lasers Academician Aleksandr Prokhorov, Russian Academy of Sciences President Yuriy Osipov, and plasma researcher Academician Andrey Gaponov-Grekhov. That is the "Trust" experiment. Scientists from the All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Experimental Physics at Arzamas-16, the Central Institute of Aerohydrodynamics, the Central Scientific Research Institute of Machine Building in Kaliningrad, in the Moscow vicinity, and the Scientific Research Institute of Radio Instrument Making took part in its development.

Russia would be able to deliver components of the plasma weapon to the USA's ABM test range in the Pacific: microwave generators and a few tens of thousands of phased arrays. The United States would supply its electronics and computers, in which it has the lead. The missiles could be launched both from our country and from American missile test ranges.

In the opinion of our scientists the experiment could cost around $300 million. This by the way is four orders of magnitude less than what was planned in the USA's budget for creation of its own plasma weapon. Russia doesn't have this kind of money now. That's why our country suggested to the United States back in 1993 that we join efforts to create a global ABM system. Experts also feel that were the USA to continue working on this problem on its own, the expenses would total $30 billion, with no firm certainty of success. As far as we know, Bill Clinton hasn't yet communicated with Boris Yeltsin regarding the "Trust" experiment. Possibly because the Russian plasma weapon is based on discoveries in several areas of science that are deeply developed in Russia but have not yet been sufficiently studied in the USA. And no politician or scientist likes to show his ignorance.

http://warfare.ru/?lang=&linkid=2545&catid=329&image=1675

I'm not convinced the Russian plasmoid work had anything to do with Tesla...note that HAARP can also induce airglow and generate high-altitude plasma - in effect an artificial aurora borealis. It's an open question how much effect this would have on a missile passing through it; Russian and other work on plasma aerodynamics suggest it might be significant.

http://blog.wired.com/defense/2007/12/secret-document.html

But Tesla was a grandstanding self-publicist who routinely announced incredible death rays etc but never actuaolly came up with the good, so I'm skeptical on that score.

First ,
you are being very harsh on Tesla . he was much much more than a "grandstanding public showoff" .

he did believe in dramatic effect, I'll give you that, but whether it be the radio ( along with J.C Bose) or electricity transmission this man is responsible for a lot of the so called modern age.

Second,
The real questions remains the same ,

how did they transmit the requisite amount of power to generate a ring that big and what was the power source?
For what it is worth HAARP officially uses a 3.6 MW gas turbine and transmits a third of that ....

Tesla achieved a lot in his younger days, but declined. The death-ray claims were in his later years.

The clever thing about HAARP is it's ability to influence the atmospheric electric circuit, being able to effectively turn flow off and on at will and so harness a power of gigawatts (I'd have to dig up a figure). It's clever stuff...but nothing like the mind-control, weather-modification, alien-zapping device that is claimed.

ı on the meanwhile just laugh at HAARP but don't expect any explanation , just a gut feeling . ı have long believed the assumptions of it are simply an hoax , and ı don't mean it is a mind controller or earthquake triggerer either .

if Tesla lost it in his last years, then that's all the more reason to take his claims seriously. After all mad scientists do better than sane ones . ;D :eek:

Anyway , HAARP's ERP is indeed in the gigawatt range .

Hi,

the Plasma is not the only way to make death-ray ?.

To be exact, plasma is one of the worst. The plasma projectile is essentially comparable to a bolt of superheated gas, so unless it moves at relativistic velocities (at which it would stop to be a plasma weapon and turn into charged particle beam weapon), it would give you a lot of headache by constantly trying to expand & cool down. There are some ideas about creating self-sustaining plasmoids, but considering how hards is to control hot plasma even within the reactor, I'm somewhat sceptical about the idea of controlling plasma outside the device.

To be exact, plasma is one of the worst. The plasma projectile is essentially comparable to a bolt of superheated gas, so unless it moves at relativistic velocities (at which it would stop to be a plasma weapon and turn into charged particle beam weapon), it would give you a lot of headache by constantly trying to expand & cool down. There are some ideas about creating self-sustaining plasmoids, but considering how hards is to control hot plasma even within the reactor, I'm somewhat sceptical about the idea of controlling plasma outside the device.

Yes,and also they looked to the solution from one or two angles only !.

Combined discharges (optical discharge triggered by laser + mw to expand and entertain the weakly ionized bubble).
Also… Possibly use the solitary wave property of em fields « packaged » as electromagnetic missiles (sometimes described as ziolkowski waves but there are many variations around that terminology).
A

Combined discharges (optical discharge triggered by laser + mw to expand and entertain the weakly ionized bubble).
Also… Possibly use the solitary wave property of em fields « packaged » as electromagnetic missiles (sometimes described as ziolkowski waves but there are many variations around that terminology).
A

Maybe more ?!.

The best use of a DEW would be to time your attack such as to get a bolt to pass near a thunderhead and induce a positive giant lightning stroke that also hits your target.