Some Automotive Fun...

So from this video we learned, that the Merlin didn’t need any cooling in the planes because it was in the air and it could run on low octane unleaded fuel because it was a war engine which could be fueled up everywhere….

So much rubbish is hard to bear...

not sure if its ok do do so here but that's why I'm asking.
I do semi-professional automotive photography/videography.
and on behalf of the forum I would like to ask if its alright to share anything from that here. I am ok with any feedback as well

by the way all of my photos are watermarked due to a recent photography theft (where the thief profited greatly from my work)

Did you know Lamborghini started by making tractors?

Built to celebrate the 100th birthday of company founder Ferrucio Lamborghini in 2016. Number four of only five examples constructed from existing vehicles from the 1960s, this mechanical sculpture was created by artist Adler Capelli.

The year is 1963. Ferruccio Lamborghini, a successful tractor manufacturer, is unhappy with his Ferrari. He thinks the car's clutch breaks too easily. He drives to the neighbouring village of Maranello and knocks on the door of none other than Enzo Ferrari.

The meeting, which was quite short, would change the fate of supercars forever. It would be a textbook example of how to not treat your customers. Mr Lamborghini explained that the clutch was bad. He also made a suggestion on what Mr Ferrari, with simple means, could do for the clutch to last much longer.

Enzo Ferrari had a very hard time accepting constructive criticism. Instead of listening to the proposal, he rejects Ferruccio with the now-famous words:

“Let me make cars. You stick to making tractors.” - Enzo Ferrari

Ferruccio drove home. Furious. Instead of being well received for his ideas, he had been rejected in the worst possible way. The insult was painful. Really bad. He was also an engineer. His tractors were the best in Italy.

On the way home, he made a fateful decision. He would also build sports cars. And – they would be faster and better than Enzo Ferrari's. Lamborghini, as we know it, was born.

The work started immediately. In just four months, a small factory was built – in Sant'Agata – and the first car model saw the light of day. The car was presented at the annual car show in Turin 1964 and was called the Lamborghini 350 GT.

How could Lamborghini build and finish a car in just four months? There was an explanation. Two years earlier, something important happened in Maranello. Something that would be absolutely crucial to Ferruccio Lamborghini's success. Five gentlemen had stepped into Enzo Ferrari's office in Maranello. Among others, Carlo Chiti who was the chief engineer, and legendary development manager Giotto Bizzarrini.

They were unhappy that Enzo's wife, Laura Ferrari, was making important decisions on the factory floor. They wanted Laura to stop messing about in the production.

Enzo Ferrari was furious. Instead of correcting his wife's behaviour, all five key people got fired on the spot. These five immediately started a competing business in Bologna – a design agency for racing and sports cars called ATS.

When Ferrari asked Lamborghini to stick to building tractors, and not try to give him any suggestions on how to improve Ferrari's products, Lamborghini approached these five gentlemen. The five former key people at Ferrari could then, very quickly, build a car for Lamborghini.
More at the link.

Be nice to your customers. And your personnel. Or else.

Be nice to your customers. And your personnel. Or else.
A basic rule within any organisation too: be nice to people on the way up because you'll need them on the way down. (Dominic Raab just found that out.)

Driver Arrested After Posting 130 MPH Run on Social Media

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AQ2onRqhSw
crazy.

fun fact.
the fastest speeding ticket ever issued. (yes i said ticket. he willingly pulled over) was here in Texas USA.
a man in a Koenigsegg CCR was clocked going 242MPH/389KPH.

i do love Koenigseggs though. absolutely beautiful cars. the CCXR Trevita has to be one of my personal favorites as well as the 1:One (in which if you don't know. has a 1:1 power to weight ratio. one horsepower per kilogram,)

the CCR uses a ford based modular V8. a displacement of 4.7 liters and is also using a twin supercharger system for forced induction. with a standing quarter mile of 9 seconds. its no slouch. 0-100kph/0-62mph in 3.2 seconds. Top speed: 395+ km/h (242+ mph).
such an amazing car. beautifully designed with a removable hardtop as well.
2004-koenigsegg-ccr-_0.jpeg

for the huge weight, handling and power disadvantage the officer kept up impressively well. the Ten speed automatic Mustang GTs are extremely fast especially in the top end with the five litre V8. you can see this on the straights where he pulled away very easily. the mustang has more horsepower and is lighter. also not to mention that fully loaded dodge charger pursuit car is not built to handle in any way shape or form, its a boat. he did get loose a few times on the corners but kept it well. quite the driver. glad the pursuit ended as well as it did and no one got hurt. feel bad for the rightful owner of the vehicle.

Only One Owner...

...and a whole lotta neglect...
Those engines are practically bulletproof. If you find one you can always get it running with a little love. As long as its not hydrolocked or there isn't a crack in the block with a rod in orbit......
Notoriously reliable. Love this body style of jeep. They go for a lot nowadays for a good example.
The CJ5 is one of the most desirable and collectible jeeps on the market today

Last edited:
Mercedes-Benz has just unveiled its Vision One-Eleven concept car. It's relevant to the discussion on electric aircraft because it uses axial flux motors, which are much more compact and lighter than standard electric motors. The stats look impressive. While this won't reach production, the tech most likely will. It's deliberately inspired by the C111 series of experimental cars from 1968 and onwards.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXtBB331Id4

Attachments

• Mercedes-One-Eleven-Concept-45-1536x864.png
    Mercedes-One-Eleven-Concept-45-1536x864.png
    344.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Mercedes-One-Eleven-Concept-44-1536x864.png
    Mercedes-One-Eleven-Concept-44-1536x864.png
    235.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Mercedes-One-Eleven-Concept-41-1536x864.png
    Mercedes-One-Eleven-Concept-41-1536x864.png
    690.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Mercedes-One-Eleven-Concept-46-1536x864.png