Shenyang / Hongdu GJ-11 "Lijian" (Sharp Sword) UCAV demonstrator

yes it would. that's 49.4 kn of thrust. for a aircraft just barely bigger than Neuron, which used a 40 kn engine. or we can compare it to x47b, which is possibly roughly 20 percent heavier and has a 71 kn engine.

we also don't know the final thrust rating of ws13 engine that may go into the drone.

Latest update ... another surprise!! Actually the image is too blurry but it looks like either finally a real GJ-11 "Sharp Sword" UCAV standing behind what appears to be a J-16 (?) or another stealthy flying wing UCAV. According to the greenish colour I would say it is something naval related and huitong already called it GJ-11J!

(Image shared via @BrennenWel96815)

1699900731852.png
1699900740351.png

This drone has been under development for more than 10 years by now so does this sudden increase in sightings an indicator of it getting close to PLAN induction or are people just starting to post old ones?

Both PLAAF and PLAN wish to acquire it.

@Deino happy anniversary!

i have no idea if the aircraft is supersonic. but i am wondering what do non-afterburning engines used in combat planes look like? how do their nozzles look? does anyone have some images? (the ones i managed to google are quite small and not detailed, but it seems such engines don't really have nozzles like this, but have simpler nozzles)
Combined reply:
Apparently ??? ... why do You think so !?? Wouldn't it be much easeier to simply delete the AB insted of adding dead-weight by retaining the AB-nozzle but to delete the AB itself ?
I was thinking that the early engine was using the turkey feathers for thrust vectoring, since an axisymmetric nozzle is very easy to add thrust vectoring to.

Now that they've gotten the flight control laws figured out, they don't need the blatant thrust vectoring anymore.