Scale Model World 2012

robunos

You're Mad, You Are.....
Reaction score
Any SPFers going to Telford this year?

cheers,
Robin.

You can find Geoff and me at the Project Cancelled SIG stand.

I'll be wandering about on the Saturday, but will be sat down signing copies of 'Battle Flight' on the Crecy stand from 1500hrs.

Chris

From Tony Buttler:

]I too will be there on Saturday - in fact for a period on the Crecy/Hikoki stand just before Chris. And Yefim Gordon is on before me.

Hope to see some of you there.

Yeap i'll be there on the 'Project Cancelled SIG stand in Hall 1 block 1F tables 1307/1308.

http://www.smwshow.com/showguide.php

Feel free to pop along and say hello at the stand, hopefully we should have Chris and Tony and Deino paying a visit (normally whilst trying to find Joe whoose like a kid in a candy shop when at SMW and never there when he's wanted ;D ).

Cheers

Geoff

(Frantically finishing off models as we speak !!! :eek: )

Deino are you signing your new book at the Aviation Bookshop at SMW this year ?, if so we are not to far from you so you can pop along (You can even put a blatant plug for your book on the stand if you wish ;) ).

Cheers

Geoff

Thanks, guys, it'll be good to put some faces to the names...
Chris, a signed copy of 'Battle Flight' is top of my shopping list, so put one under the table for me......... ;)
I think I'll be like a kid in a candy store, too, as I've just rediscovered the delights of liquid poly, sprue, and hairy sticks... ::)

cheers,
Robin.

I'll be there on the What-If stand, come by and say hello!

Okay...
Had a great time at the show, met some great people, too. Thanks guys for making feel welcome, and the chat, sorry Geoff B, for not finishing our conversation, I got sidetracked after getting my book signed, and by the time I came back you were elsewhere... :-[
Spent WAY too much money, but I suppose it will all be worth it in the end... ::)
Anyway, here's a few pictures from the show, some from the Project Cancelled stand, some from elsewhere.
It seems that the new manufacturer (to me, at least) Meng Models, are embracing Secret Projects, judging by their Mansyu Ki-98 and Katsudori models...

cheers,
Robin.

Attachments

• blue water #1.png
    blue water #1.png
    783.4 KB · Views: 200
  • meng katsudoris.png
    meng katsudoris.png
    761.5 KB · Views: 194
  • meng mansyu ki-98s.png
    meng mansyu ki-98s.png
    1 MB · Views: 188
  • the four horsemen.png
    the four horsemen.png
    722.4 KB · Views: 188
  • virgin galactic TSR2 #1.png
    virgin galactic TSR2 #1.png
    778.2 KB · Views: 187
  • PICT0083.png
    PICT0083.png
    748.4 KB · Views: 37
  • PICT0085.png
    PICT0085.png
    900.3 KB · Views: 18
  • PICT0111.png
    PICT0111.png
    815.3 KB · Views: 19
The four horsemen display is impressive... The Katsudoris and Mansyus are really nice and original... The Virgin Galactic TSR.2 is... well... something else!

Thanks for sharing, Robin!

Back from SMW, great weekend, nice to see Tony Buttler & Chris Gibson again and meet other members of the forum.

Here are some pictures of the Project Cancelled Special Interest Group that Harro, Joe, Martin, Andy, Lenny, Chris P and myself of various projects and some of the works that inspired us to build or create models of them.

SMW2012001.jpg

SMW2012002.jpg

SMW2012003.jpg

SMW2012004.jpg

The stand overall

The models

SMW2012015.jpg

Naval Lightning by Martin H
SMW2012016.jpg

Bristol BA6 by Lenny
SMW2012017.jpg

Mobile Blue Water launcher by Kadija_Man
SMW2012018.jpg

Fairey FD3 by me
SMW2012019.jpg

MBB Lampyridae by Harro
SMW2012020.jpg

Jet Wyvern by Lenny

More too follow

SMW2012021.jpg

SMW2012022.jpg

SMW2012023.jpg

Joes Waffentragers
SMW2012024.jpg

Harro's Sentinal and Joes Autogiro
SMW2012025.jpg

Andy Davies Avro 720, EE P42, Hawker P1083, My BAC P45, Hawker P1130
SMW2012026.jpg

Chris P's F-111K, TSR2 (white ones) my TSR2 (Camo) with the all in one GSV
SMW2012027.jpg

Andy Davies J-20
SMW2012028.jpg

Harro's British A-A missile display
SMW2012029.jpg

Andy Davies, Harro's and mine Hawker P1154s

More to come

SMW2012030.jpg

Chris P's F-16 FSW, Vought 1602, Lockheed Lancer, Andy Ds Mig Ye-8, My P1216
SMW2012031.jpg

My Gannet AEW3, Buccaneer P139-5 and Blackburn P139C
SMW2012032.jpg

My Osprey AEW (all homage to 'Admirality & AEW' by C.J. Gibson - Lonewulf Models are now doing a Wellington ACI conversion and a Sidetrack Harrier inspired by the book
SMW2012033.jpg

Andy D's VC-10 Poffler (homage the VC-10:AEW, Pofflers and other variants by C.J.Gibson) - *This is has now been created as a conversion kit by S&M Models
SMW2012034.jpg

Andy D's Bombcord armed with GrandSlam 2 missiles
SMW2012035.jpg

My EE P-12 Lighting interceptor using the Freightdog Models conversion set
SMW2012035.jpg

My selection of RN warships projects inspired from 'Rebuilding the Royal Navy'
SMW2012037.jpg

Harros' Airbus A-320 MPA
SMW2012038.jpg

Harro's VC-10 RB-211 test bed
SMW2012039.jpg

Harro's Fokker F-28 COD USN (work in progress) based on the official brochure
SMW2012040.jpg

Martin H's BA Douglas DC-5 inspired by the Douglas propliner book.

As you may have noted we inclued many of the books an brochures that provide the inspiration behind the SIG and the models we build, so the display was partially to honour the Authors who gather togather and publish the rare and unknown projects to provide us with the inspiration to build models of the subjects. Obviously Tony Buttlers Secret Project book series have provided alot of the current motoivation along with Chris Gibson and Mike Pryce, Paul Lucas, etc and of course the late Derek Wood whose book 'Project Cancelled' provided the initial interest to many of us and thus had its pride of place in the centre of the table as a fitting tribute.

Many thanks to the small model producers such as Freightdog Models, S&M models and Lonewulf models who have picked up on our interest and the populartity of the books that they are willing to invest their time and money on project items inspired from the books, quite a few were tather excited by Chris's and Tonys latest works which they were signing at the show and i can't help thinking what they will do when they find out whats coming up next ;D .

Must express thanks to the gang who contributed to the display and helped man the stand and answer questions to the enquiring public, special thanks to Harro who came over from Holland for the event. :)

Outstanding display, high-ranking modeling and probably loads of fun this past weekend... Well done!

Ohhh ... what a pitty ! :-[ .... but due to some family-reasons - I'm truely so sad :'( - I was't able to be there at the show this year :-\

Hope You all enjoyed the show .... and THANKs for the images !

Cheers, Deino

Did you take any close-ups of the ship models in front of the "Rebuilding the Royal Navy" book? Also, is that new edition or did they just change the cover design?

Thats the paperback edition thats just been issued, in a smaller format, no change to the text as both Authors have sadly passed away since the original was published.