Ryan XF2R-1 Dark Shark

th12333

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hi all, this my first post, sorry for bad english...(and google translate)
I search image and drawings (plans) XF2R-1... Now i 3d modeling XF2R
And at the moment, I can't find almost anything, I do not know what the matter is, the plane was, but there are no photos (for example, the cockpit), even here on the forum, there is really nothing (I was hoping for it)

Attachments

• XFR-1.png
    XFR-1.png
    507 KB · Views: 325
Hi all, this my first post, sorry for bad english...(and google translate)
I search image and drawings (plans) XF2R-1... Now i 3d modeling XF2R
And at the moment, I can't find almost anything, I do not know what the matter is, the plane was, but there are no photos (for example, the cockpit), even here on the forum, there is really nothing (I was hoping for it)
Have you seen this: http://www.ginterbooks.com/NAVAL/NF28.htm. Or this, with some pictures from the Ginter book: http://www.letletlet-warplanes.com/2018/04/26/ryan-xf2r-1-dark-shark/

Attachments

• NF28.jpg
    NF28.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Are there photos of the cockpit? I don't understand why there is so little information on XF2R and FR...

Aero Digest February 1947

Attachments

• content.jpg
    content.jpg
    567.4 KB · Views: 157
Hello everyone again, question to airfoil, it says NACA 65-117 a=1, but I can't find it on certain sites, or rather a clean profile

Hello . It can be challenging to find specific information and images for rare aircraft like the XF2R-1. The XF2R-1 was a prototype aircraft developed by the United States during World War II, and there might not be as much documentation available compared to more famous aircraft.

Hello . It can be challenging to find specific information and images for rare aircraft like the XF2R-1. The XF2R-1 was a prototype aircraft developed by the United States during World War II, and there might not be as much documentation available compared to more famous aircraft.
Isn't the airfoil of the XF2R similar to the FR-1?

I know that the XF2R is a further development of the FR-1, the difference is small (relatively), the difference in the engines and the shape of the front fuselage (engine)